4K Displays : The good, bad and where do you see it going?
As the title implies. 4K displays is upon us and along with the actual hardware is the apps and games to support this new technology.
Do you find this a marketing scheme to sell a device or does it really give you more than what 720 and 1080 p displays are offering?Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- 08-28-2014, 05:41 PM #2
Re: 4K Displays : The good, bad and where do you see it going?
Depends on the screen size, really. On phones and tablets, I think it's a gimmick for sure. For laptops, QHD or 3K isn't unheard of on a lot of recent models, and you can tell the difference for certain tasks. TVs, again depends on the size, but since they are generally a lot larger than laptops and desktop monitors, I do think it is a nice upgrade over 1080P.
I'm more concerned with accuracy of the display in most cases (ironic now since I didn't really care about it when I bought my S4 with an AMOLED display ).
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- 09-07-2014, 06:21 PM #3
- 11-11-2014, 11:06 AM #4
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 11-05-2014, 12:38 PM
- By Theesire in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2014, 09:11 PM
- By blackdogAC in forum LG G3Replies: 3Last Post: 08-28-2014, 12:45 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2014, 11:05 AM
- By methods in forum Samsung Gear SReplies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2014, 10:27 AM