Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Evo Shift Case

Anyone found a good case yet. Crappy one from radio shack broke already. Didn't expect to keep it on long but Damn, its only been a few hours

I actually liked the way it felt on the phone, but the "clips" that hold it in place on the top of the phone broke off easily
    Thanked by:

The HTC branded one?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yup will take pics in a few
    This is the case, the top half of it. You can see the 2 broken pieces inside the case. Hard to see but its the 2 small blue specs floating around in the box.

the broken side where the 2 pieces broke off

How it should look.

Useless

Simply removed the case to put a screen protector on and they broke off. Plan on returning this is the morning.
    Last edited by randomevo; 01-06-2011 at 10:15 PM.

This is a quality post. Thanks for the pictures and the heads-up. I would definitely be interested in hearing other people's case experiences.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

The SEIDO case.

Sent from my EVO Shift
    Sent from my MoPho
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 2.2 (stock)

I've being using the HTC branded case, and no problems. I've had it had my phone for 2 weeks now, and it looks great on it...

Timothy

I'm using the Seidio Surface case. I posted up a review over on phandroid.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 2.2

I was using the case that had the belt clip included, and we (the Sprint Rep and I) had a hell of a time trying to get the front face plat attached. After we got it attached, a few hours later it popped off. Snap back on..pop off...how frustrating!

I returned it, and replaced it with another case they received in their store. It did not have a brand name on it, but its got this funny looking slide clip on the back.
    Front:

Back:

I like the feel of this one better too, its not rubber and it doesn't feel all plasticy. Lets see how long this one lasts.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Thumbs up Sprint store purchased...

I have one that I bought with my Shift... I bought mine on release day, and was the first one out of the store with a shiney new device. The case i purchased was Sprint branded and appears to be the one from Amzer?

Take a look. I really like it thus far- kind of a boogar to get on or off but doesnt FALL off... which I think is just fine.

Amazon.com: Amzer Carbon Snap Case for HTC EVO Shift 4G - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by steveninstl View Post
    I was using the case that had the belt clip included, and we (the Sprint Rep and I) had a hell of a time trying to get the front face plat attached. After we got it attached, a few hours later it popped off. Snap back on..pop off...how frustrating!

I returned it, and replaced it with another case they received in their store. It did not have a brand name on it, but its got this funny looking slide clip on the back.
    Front:

Back:

I like the feel of this one better too, its not rubber and it doesn't feel all plasticy. Lets see how long this one lasts.
    oh no...is that supposed to be a kickstand case? facepalm

Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by steveninstl View Post

Front:

Back:

How much does this case cost?

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by melficersx View Post
    oh no...is that supposed to be a kickstand case? facepalm
    Uh..no its not a kick stand...It slides along the case when you pull the keyboard out.

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    How much does this case cost?

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    I think it was $19.95 at a Sprint store. So far its been a good case..no slippage or popping off.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

im using one i got from spirnt that comes with the holster and it looks like carbon fiber and so far its been great no issues at all.
    Dave Vianu
    Rancho Cucamonga, Ca

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by 84camino View Post
    im using one i got from spirnt that comes with the holster and it looks like carbon fiber and so far its been great no issues at all.
    I had that one first. I liked it, until the front face kept popping off. Good Luck!

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Daydeal has a case with a lot of "bling". I think it is cute but not something I would carry at my age.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

still rocking the blue HTC one, still holding strong

(now watch.... )

Quote Originally Posted by randomevo View Post
    Anyone found a good case yet. Crappy one from radio shack broke already. Didn't expect to keep it on long but Damn, its only been a few hours

I actually liked the way it felt on the phone, but the "clips" that hold it in place on the top of the phone broke off easily
    Good post. I also got the Sprint crap case that I will be returning to the store soon. I had the same issue that you had where the clips broke off and now the top cover won't fit. I really don't like the cover bumping on my fingers on slide mode and am considering not getting a case.

If anyone can recommend a good case please let me know. Seems that the Seido (sp?) has gotten good reviews.

You guys should start peppering Otterbox with requests to make a case for the Shift. We did that on another forum for the Samsung Moment, and sure enough they ended up making one. Otterbox cases are the bees knees. I'm considering a Shift right now, and one thing holding me back is the lack of an Otterbox!

Here's the email address:

I just sent them one.

If you've never seen their products, check out otterbox.com. They make some slick cases for slider phones as well, which everyone else seems to struggle with.
    Last edited by ATC Buckeye; 02-07-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ATC Buckeye View Post
    You guys should start peppering Otterbox with requests to make a case for the Shift. We did that on another forum for the Samsung Moment, and sure enough they ended up making one. Otterbox cases are the bees knees. I'm considering a Shift right now, and one thing holding me back is the lack of an Otterbox!

Here's the email address:

I just sent them one.

If you've never seen their products, check out otterbox.com. They make some slick cases for slider phones as well, which everyone else seems to struggle with.

Email sent!

I heard back from them already. They said they are currently working on a case for the Shift. Exactly what I wanted to hear. I think I'll be picking one up today after work!

It's gonna be hard to say goodbye to my trusty Blackberry, but I think it's gonna happen.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I have the "crappy radio shack" case and I like it. The key is...dont take it off constantly... Mine went on fine when I bought it and ive dropped it a few times already and no cracks or it didnt pop off. The rubber bottom is kinda cool too

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I heard back from them already. They said they are currently working on a case for the Shift. Exactly what I wanted to hear. I think I'll be picking one up today after work!

It's gonna be hard to say goodbye to my trusty Blackberry, but I think it's gonna happen.
    I heard back from them and they said they had no plans on a case, but have had many requests and to keep an eye on the website for changes.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr View Post
    I heard back from them and they said they had no plans on a case, but have had many requests and to keep an eye on the website for changes.
    Really. Strange. Here's the response I got:

We are currently working on a case for this device, I recommend keeping an eye on our website or Facebook page where we will be sure to post more information as soon as it is available. Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns. Have a great night!

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Really. Strange. Here's the response I got:

Here's mine:

At this point we do not have any information if a case will be made at this time for that device, but it is something that has been requested a lot. I would say to keep an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information on any new releases that we may have.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast