Third-Party Headphones?

ember1205

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
MODS: If this is not the right place, please move.

I'm wondering if there's a good set of aftermarket / third-party headphones that I can use with my phone for good audio quality for music that can also control the phone like the OEM headphones would (call answer/end, volume, track start/pause/skip, etc.).

My primary phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 but I also use an iPhone 5S for work. The Apple headphones "sort of" work in the Samsung (including the microphone), but the Samsung headphones don't work well in the iPhone at all. If there's a decent set of aftermarket headphones that will work well, I'll go for those.

Thanks in advance!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You probably (I;m not saying definitely) won't find a pair that work properly in both - they're wired differently.

ember1205

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
You probably (I;m not saying definitely) won't find a pair that work properly in both - they're wired differently.

I would tend to believe you're right since the Apple ones don't always End calls correctly in the Samsung. Since the Samsung is primary device, that would be the one I would be more interested in getting a quality pair of headphones for.