getting impatient waiting for the super extended battery...

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully this will be released soon as I really want to get back to 3-4 days on a single charge. Anyone else waiting for this battery?

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
yes, though I'm kind of on the fence about it. Most days I am at around 50%-60% by about 5 or 6pm. I need about 50% or more from that point onward, so I'm just about at the minimum of what I need. I picked up one of the technocel keychain boosters and I'm thinking that would probably be enough for that last 10-20% during emergencies.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the sprint mini battery that goes on my keychain and its nice. But I want more then 2 days on the battery + what the keychain gives me. Currently without the extra keychain battery I usually get my 15% warning between 6-10pm on day 2.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
There's one from Gorilla Gadgets:

HTC EVO Shift 4G 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery

I have one on order and will report how it works/looks. I wonder how this battery door compares to the Mugen one. Given the difference in prices, I have to wonder, either the Mugen one is a complete ripoff, or the Gorilla Gadgets one is not what it claims. :)

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
(see ongoing edits below, I'll update this as we go)

So far it's not looking good. I just got it. The battery fits fine. The door does not stay on. The little clips on one side and on the bottom don't look quite right and they don't actually connect with whatever they are supposed to connect with on the phone. So the cover does not stay on and there is a large gap between the battery door and the phone. I've tried it without the battery just to see if it's a "close-fit" issue but even then it just doesn't clip into place.

I have written a support ticket and I hope they can get me a back that fits. I can't really use/test the battery because I need to have a cover that holds it securely, so I'll wait to do a real review when I hear from them.

Incidentally, the general design/shape of the back cover is awesome, if they can get me one that fits properly. It maintains the rounded edges of the original and does not make the phone look like a brick at all. It actually provides a nice finger-hold for sliding the phone open (one of my big issues with the Shift is that it is hard for me to open without the phone flipping out of my hands).

I hope this great design isn't ruined by cheap execution. I would totally use this battery and cover if it can be made to fit properly.

Edit 1: immediate ticket response; they are going to send me a new cover so I'll keep my fingers crossed. +1 for fast service so far, I appreciate that a lot.

Edit 2: Lightning fast response; I got the new back 2 days later. Applaud their customer service. Unfortunately the new back doesn't fit either. It's just not made to the crazy-tight tolerances required by the Evo Shift. I can get the right side to clip in (looking from the back) and the bottom of the left side if I press REALLY hard, but the top and bottom can be popped out with a fingernail much more easily than the stock back. I've written the company and attached photos showing where it doesn't fit; in the meantime I'm trying it out to see if/how often the back pops off the phone during normal use (so far it hasn't come off yet in a jeans pocket, which is good). If they update the back I would consider this again but at the moment I'm still waiting to hear their response to my ticket. I would certainly have paid more for a product that fit better, though I think $70-$80 is excessive.

Last edited:

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Not liking that back design on the Seidio, but thanks for the heads up. In case anyone wants to look at that one:

seidioonline.com

$70.

If they'd add rails (for easier removal from a jeans pocket) like they did on the EVO battery cover and maybe a kickstand, I'd be all over that one.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The back doesn't bother me. I always buy the largest batteries for my latops and phones and never worry about aesthetics. Now when mine comes in ill have to measure and ask about a car mount from proclipusa.com.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
(see ongoing edits below, I'll update this as we go)

So far it's not looking good. I just got it. The battery fits fine. The door does not stay on. The little clips on one side and on the bottom don't look quite right and they don't actually connect with whatever they are supposed to connect with on the phone. So the cover does not stay on and there is a large gap between the battery door and the phone. I've tried it without the battery just to see if it's a "close-fit" issue but even then it just doesn't clip into place.

I have written a support ticket and I hope they can get me a back that fits. I can't really use/test the battery because I need to have a cover that holds it securely, so I'll wait to do a real review when I hear from them.

Incidentally, the general design/shape of the back cover is awesome, if they can get me one that fits properly. It maintains the rounded edges of the original and does not make the phone look like a brick at all. It actually provides a nice finger-hold for sliding the phone open (one of my big issues with the Shift is that it is hard for me to open without the phone flipping out of my hands).

I hope this great design isn't ruined by cheap execution. I would totally use this battery and cover if it can be made to fit properly.

Edit 1: immediate ticket response; they are going to send me a new cover so I'll keep my fingers crossed. +1 for fast service so far, I appreciate that a lot.

Edit 2: Lightning fast response; I got the new back 2 days later. Applaud their customer service. Unfortunately the new back doesn't fit either. It's just not made to the crazy-tight tolerances required by the Evo Shift. I can get the right side to clip in (looking from the back) and the bottom of the left side if I press REALLY hard, but the top and bottom can be popped out with a fingernail much more easily than the stock back. I've written the company and attached photos showing where it doesn't fit; in the meantime I'm trying it out to see if/how often the back pops off the phone during normal use (so far it hasn't come off yet in a jeans pocket, which is good). If they update the back I would consider this again but at the moment I'm still waiting to hear their response to my ticket. I would certainly have paid more for a product that fit better, though I think $70-$80 is excessive.
I just received this battery two days ago and haven't had an issue with the battery cover. In fact, it fits very snugly; everything lines up perfectly. So maybe that issue has been solved. However, because of the battery's "bi-level" design, it doesn't fit in a standard plug-in charger. So charging outside the phone is not an option. The battery seems to work just fine. But I'll wait to fully assess its performance until I've had it awhile. Definitely can't beat the price, and Gorilla Gadget service is second to none.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma