Review - YCCTeam Wireless Charging Pad

anon(2255)

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I recently received a test unit to sample from YCCTeam, to use with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. I had been using older Qi chargers before this, namely multiple Nokia DT-900 units arranged around my house, and a few other random Chinese branded chargers as well.

iEhCXDC.jpg
8Hl70co.jpg

The phone connects reliably, every time it's placed on the charger, and works with the various cases that I use. To be honest, I've never come across any cases that DON'T work with Qi chargers, but I don't use bulky options like UAG or Otterbox. I haven't noticed any unusual heat from either the charger or my phone since I've started using it last week.

I tried a few phones with this charger, namely the S7, S7 Edge, the Nexus 5, and the Droid Turbo. Because of the three coil technology, the phone easily connects and starts charging, regardless of placement. This is my first three coil charger, and I have to admit it's nice to not have the phone disconnect overnight if my cat bumps the phone while it's charging on my nightstand. When the phone is placed on the charger, you get an awesome effect with the blue LEDs around the edge, and they have a slow "breathing" effect where the lights pulse on and off. It's nice to see that it's working, and on a desk or a table, this will be great. It's NOT subtle, so I wouldn't keep this in your bedroom, to be perfectly honest.

Jf6XCVF.jpg
5LJnLyE.jpg

Now, to the down side, and this is a big down side for me: For some reason, when the phone is not on the charger, the LED lights stay on, rather than off. I can't get confirmation on if this is a defective unit or not, but needless to say, you don't want this next to you while you're trying to sleep. For this reason alone, I relegated this unit to my office where it's not a distraction.

Sorry, I forgot the link to the product! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DTSTVGI?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5403850

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Review - YCCTeam

WHY do they stamp that ugly logo in such a huge, gigantic way right on top??!! Had they left that area with just the circle that would have been great (perfect if the ring glowed as well).

anon(2255)

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: Review - YCCTeam

Well, if the ring glowed, you'd never see it when the phone was on the pad, and it's made from rubber so the phone grips and doesn't slide off.

As for the logo, well... It doesn't bother me much. I see where you're coming from, but they have to brand it SOMEHOW, right?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Smaller font maybe for the logo? Or a smaller one on the side or underneath, away from view? If they had a better logo or a pleasant font, maybe, but that just screams 'cheap logo that's not even a logo and we just typed some text in Word and got stuck with it'.

Also, if the ring was a liiiittle raised, enough to keep a small gap between the plate and the phone and it glowed, the effect would be seeing the light seemingly coming from underneath the phone onto the sides. I've seen one like that before and it looks cool, and even better if it pulsates.

anon(2255)

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Right, but it already pulsates from the sides when the phone is charging. And transparent plastic isn't soft like rubber is so it wouldn't keep the phone in place, just make it so less of the phone is contacting the pad. I see what you're getting at, it just doesn't work in this case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze