Otterbox Commuter Series Evo Shift Case finally released

wv06

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Personally I have been using the Platinum Case but I may upgrade to this Otterbox case now.

Just got this in my email

The wait is over!

Click HERE to purchase your Commuter Series Case for the HTC EVO Shift.

If you are looking for a tough HTC EVO Shift case, you've arrived at your best destination. Your new phone is socially skilled, technically advanced and fast as fast can be. Want to keep it damage-free? Then the OtterBox Commuter Series for HTC EVO Shift 4G is your answer. Three layers of protection, including built-in plugs for your phone's ports, will keep your new gadget safe from bumps, shocks, scratches and dust.

Purchase the protection you need today at OtterBox.com.

rdziagwa

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
My only complaint on this case is the flaps for the charger and headphone ports...they just hung there and didnt secure in like the other otterbox phone cases fo so I cut them off and now I'm happy with it!

codylainsworth#AC

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
OtterBox Commuter Case Review

if anyone get this case for htc evo shift please post review of it.

I have been using the case for about 3 weeks now and here is a quick review.

First of all, I have to say I am very pleased with the case in general. One of my biggest concerns was how much weight it would add to the phone overall. Although I haven't weighed device+case, it is within acceptable parameters. That, obviously, is relative to each person and I can say that the phone didn't start out light from the beginning. But I like the heft of the device.

I have had two other OtterBox cases over the years on two different devices. There is one big flaw in this case. This is my first slider phone so this very well might be a common irk to all cases that protect these particular devices. The rounded (or beveled) edges of the back piece help to decrease the footprint of the case overall. That lends itself to a really cumbersome act of sliding out the physical keyboard. If it is done in the standard way of holding the device, your/my fingers cradling the back tend to slide down the case, and increasing the possibility of dropping the phone. I have done it twice!! Thank god its an OtterBox case. Holding it that way takes a bit of time. It definitely isn't an easy feat. I often just put it in the palm of my hand and slide it with my other hand. I work in construction so I will have to live with that for now because I need the protection that no other case can provide.

I hope this helps....

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Is this case soft like the HTC branded ones at sprint or is it a harder plastic?
Thanks.

It's both. The case has three pieces. There is a single hard-plastic frame for the screen which clips on to the front of the phone, then the back has two pieces. There is an inner silicon skin which surrounds the back of the phone and a hard plastic cover that goes over this. The silicon is designed to provide shock absorption especially at the corners if dropped.

I've got some close up pictures of the case in my for sale thread (and hit me up via PM if you're interested to buy it):

http://forums.androidcentral.com/marketplace/93652-otterbox-commuter-case-htc-evo-shift-4g.html

jakelaw#AC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have problems long term now with either the top or bottom piece coming loose due to the tabs breaking? They are available on Amazon for less than $20. Cmags, why were you selling yours?

teddysjam

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine. Is there a holster or anything that will fit the Commuter series otterbox, or do you guys just put in ur pocket. I had an otterbox for my blackberry before the defender series it came with the holster included, but this one does not. I really like keeping it on my hip instead of pocket thanks

oneandoneeleven

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I would really like to know the durability of this case from anyone that has had this case for a while.
I've went through 2 Seidio Innocases already.

Crappy design.

I'm not rough on them. This is normal use.

jakelaw#AC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I had mine for a bout 6 weeks before the tabs on the top piece broke. I got mine for less than 20$ shipped. I was not to impressed and have not replaced it with another. I have taken to buying the bulk cheap ones from ebay (usually 3-5 at a time for about 10$ shipped. They last for about 6 weeks each.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol