Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I hope someone can help me with a question about powering down my Chromebook. When I am all done for the day I click the power off button at the bottom right corner where my little picture is and the Chromebooks little light in front turns from blue to orange.... But the light stays orange the entire night lit. Is that light suppose to be illuminated orange after a full power down? I assume the actual book is fully powered off since when I open the lid in the morning it takes about 8 seconds to boot and I have to re login. But the darn light is always on during the night. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Re: Help with power down.... Driving me nuts

Is it plugged into the outlet for charging? To shut off the laptop fully u have to go over to the right and hit the middle icon to power off.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Go over to the right of the Chromebook, click on the box, then click on the middle button to fully shut it down. I never use the keyboard power off. Also if its plugged into the charger then it will turn orange and it will shut off by itself when its done charging
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It's not charging and that is how i power it off but the orange light stays on all night.

Posted via Android Central App

How long are you pressing the power button to power off? If you just tap it, the Chromebook will just go to sleep. In order to power off completely, you need to press and hold the power button until you see your screen fade to white, then turn off completely.