- 1,031 Posts
Chromebook constantly freezing
Anyone else having any issues with their Chromebook completely locking up when loading web pages? Specifically Facebook. I constantly have to restart the device; Facebook causes the entire system to become unresponsive until I hold down the power button for a good amount of time.
- 10-12-2013, 04:01 PM #2
- 10-12-2013, 04:04 PM #3
- 11-13-2013, 04:41 PM #4
- 11-13-2013, 08:27 PM #5
Re: Chromebook constantly freezing
What does your extension situation look like? Barring something weird that is messing with the browser, I'd be inclined to believe you've got some bad hardware. The ARM Chromebook is starting to show its age but it should still work for basic browsing on a website like Facebook.
Test the notebook out as a guest or with a new profile first to get a clean experience. If you're still bugging up, power wash. If you've still got issues after that, you've probably got something wrong with the hardware.
Is the laptop only freezing when you're browsing the web (lol I know stupid question since it's a chromebook but it can do some stuff offline now...)
- 11-16-2013, 08:25 AM #6
- By Brianna Maneely in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 04-15-2014, 04:19 PM
- By Paul627g in forum Acer C720 ChromebookReplies: 21Last Post: 03-13-2014, 10:46 PM
- By srkmagnus in forum HP ChromebooksReplies: 8Last Post: 10-26-2013, 12:16 AM
- By shiner#AC in forum ChromebooksReplies: 2Last Post: 10-09-2013, 06:57 PM
- By frankwhite8536 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-09-2013, 11:32 AM