How-To: Netflix on A100

fonewiz

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
***USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK***
***Worked for me but I can't say if it will work and/or cause problems on your device***

The info and basic methods and files for this post was found at:
[DEV] Netflix patch for Asus Transformer - xda-developers

Here is what I did:

1- You will need to have root access to your A100 Rooting Iconia A100 Made Easy
2- Install Netflix from the market, the app will work to browse movies etc but will fail when you try to play video.
3- Download the Netflix patch zip file to your computer or Tablet and extract it
4- Find the file libnvomx.so from the extracted zip files and replace the same file on your A100. The file is located in /system/lib/. Would be a good idea to rename the original first.
5- Reboot your A100
6- Enjoy Netflix video

I have included the exact Netflix APK I am using in case any updated versions in the future break this fix. The version of Netflix is the one I installed directly from the Market a few days ago. If the version matches, just install it from the Market. Either way, I would try installing from the Market first, if that doesn't work, uninstall, then install the APK I have attached.

Version of Netflix Attached below is: Version 1.3.0, Build 246, July 20, 2011

UPDATE: Forum won't let me upload the Netflix APK file, even though it's under 8mb and zipped. Will work on that more later. For now you can't just install from the market, then do the rest outlined above.

UPDATE 2: Still can't get it to upload, just says file upload failed. Maybe my account is limited or something??

Last edited:

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
When you replace the lib file to get netflix to work, do you lose camera or video out function. I know when I had the a500 netflix would work with this method but you lose camera and video out function until you put the stock file back.

fonewiz

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Camera works for me but I haven't tried the Video Out yet. Do you mean using the HDMI port to send video to a TV? If so, I haven't tried that yet.

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Camera works for me but I haven't tried the Video Out yet. Do you mean using the HDMI port to send video to a TV? If so, I haven't tried that yet.

Yes, I meant the HDMI port. I am going to try it out tonight since it's not that hard to do anyways. I know some process was broken like video recording or something like that. I will check it out myself. Thanks for the reply.

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I know this post is like a few months old now...but thre is a netflix app that works just fine on mine, havent tried to use the HDMI out yet