Move programs to SD card?

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I bought two of these at Best Buy yesterday and just love the one I kept for myself. I started setting it up as soon as I bought it but before I put a miroSD card in so all the programs went straight on the tablet. I thought it was no problem as I would just move them after the fact like I do on my EVO but it doesn't seem I have a choice on the tablet. Also, when I downloaded a new program after I put the card in it didn't give me the choice of where to put it so I'm assuming all the programs go on the thing and not on the card.

Is there a way?

:-\

ygthb

May 3, 2011
Visit site
not on honeycomb, on gingerbread and earlier, the move to sd you were doing was making use of the separation of system and application memory. no such separation exists on HC.

There are people working on it, but you probably wont see anything until IceCreamSandwich (supposed to be Jan)

Reactions: RickMG

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
not on honeycomb, on gingerbread and earlier, the move to sd you were doing was making use of the separation of system and application memory. no such separation exists on HC.

There are people working on it, but you probably wont see anything until IceCreamSandwich (supposed to be Jan)
Just saw this. Thank you for clearing that up. :)

Johnny D

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Not true..... Yes you can on honeycomb!! I use File Manager HD (Honeycomb).. It is amazing!! You can't buy it or purchase it in the app store.. You need to buy it direct from the developers website.. Full access to all files in honeycomb.. Super easy to copy/paste in/out of external/internal SdCard from any file.. Here is the app store link but it doesn't work right now for purchase. This app is a must have and no root needed. Get it while you can. :)

App store link; https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm.hd

Buy it here and enjoy; http://rhmsoft.com/

Last edited:

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought two of these at Best Buy yesterday and just love the one I kept for myself. I started setting it up as soon as I bought it but before I put a miroSD card in so all the programs went straight on the tablet. I thought it was no problem as I would just move them after the fact like I do on my EVO but it doesn't seem I have a choice on the tablet. Also, when I downloaded a new program after I put the card in it didn't give me the choice of where to put it so I'm assuming all the programs go on the thing and not on the card.

Is there a way?

:-\

You can use GL to SD app to store app data to micro sd card. This is useful for app that require large amount a data like when you buy some games that require additional data to be downloaded after you open it. On the Acer it wil download to internal SD. After its downloaded you will use GL to SD to move that downloaded data to your external_SD (micro sd card). The app itself doesn't get moved but thats ok since they don't normally take up a lot of room out of th 5.5gb internal you have left.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar