Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Scroll or not to scroll

I made a stand for my A100 out of a little cardboard box so I wouldn’t have to hold it. This is where it gets strange. While in the cardboard holder (around 50 degree slant) when I try to scroll, the screen will only goto the nearest website (like a goto tap) and not scroll. While in the holder if I touch the back, or hold it, or touch it anywhere else with my other finger, the screen will then scroll and work normally. It’s as if the tablet has to be grounded but I know it’s just plastic. What the heck, anyone else experience this??

Default Re: Scroll or not to scroll

I haven't experienced this, and after reading your post, I tried to re-create it by building my own stand. Unfortunately, I still couldn't get it to have scrolling issues. Which browser do you use? Does it matter if you have it in portrait or landscape mode? I just tried it in both modes and tried it on the stock browser as well, but still no problems scrolling. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's about the strangest thing I've ever incountered and other than that works fine. Using Skyfire browser but does it in home screen also. When I have it proped up against something it's fine. It's an Amazon box so it must be cursed, maybe I'll try a Newegg box instead (lol). Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has encountered the same thing only with a kick stand type case.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I'm standing mine up in my Roocase which enables either portrait or landscape by means of Velcro and a multi-angled bottom with slight grooves. I haven't experienced any scrolling difficulties due to positioning.

My scrolling problems are arising much more from over sensitivity of the screen and interface