My Acer Iconia Tab A100 Full Review!

yanksrock1000

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys! Im very happy with my acer iconia tab 100! Ive had it for about a month, and made a review for you guys. I cover alot of stuff, so I hope you enjoy it. :)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YMrW1i7MGA[/YT]

Overall, its a nice little tablet that has great features and a nice size :D

Reactions: CMeys

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You know, I was going to call BS on your Dolby sound comment. So I put in a cheap headset in mine. OMG, it does sound great! While it is too large to use as an MP3 player, it still sounds great.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Good job on the review! To be honest, I knew nothing about the Dolby Mobile sound enhancements and have yet to try it out, but it's nice to know it's there. I'll give it a try tonight and I'm sure I'll notice a big difference in the sound quality. I also appreciate you pointing out some of the cons with the tablet, because I gotta agree with you, the battery really doesn't last very long. Then again, I'm rarely ever away from a power source, and if I am, I have a 9000 mAh external battery so it's not a big issue. However, one other small con that you didn't mention (at least in my opinion it's a small con), is the screen. Overall, it's pretty good but not great. When viewing web pages, the text is slightly fuzzy until you zoom in with a double tab but once you do that, it looks good. Also, the screen looks good from 3 angles, but the 4th angle just isn't good at all. Most of the time it's fine, but it makes it difficult to play certain games, like Heavy Gunner when I have to tilt the screen to shoot the advancing enemies. Still, I'm very happy with the tablet, and would also recommend it to anyone interested in buying it.

One last question: Are you sure we're getting ICS this month? I have contacted Acer, but they won't give me a definite answer one way or another. I know they said that the a200 would get it in February, but I hadn't heard positive confirmation regarding our a100's. I hope you're right though.....

Last edited:

yanksrock1000

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Good job on the review! To be honest, I knew nothing about the Dolby Mobile sound enhancements and have yet to try it out, but it's nice to know it's there. I'll give it a try tonight and I'm sure I'll notice a big difference in the sound quality. I also appreciate you pointing out some of the cons with the tablet, because I gotta agree with you, the battery really doesn't last very long. Then again, I'm rarely ever away from a power source, and if I am, I have a 9000 mAh external battery so it's not a big issue. However, one other small con that you didn't mention (at least in my opinion it's a small con), is the screen. Overall, it's pretty good but not great. When viewing web pages, the text is slightly fuzzy until you zoom in with a double tab but once you do that, it looks good. Also, the screen looks good from 3 angles, but the 4th angle just isn't good at all. Most of the time it's fine, but it makes it difficult to play certain games, like Heavy Gunner when I have to tilt the screen to shoot the advancing enemies. Still, I'm very happy with the tablet, and would also recommend it to anyone interested in buying it.

One last question: Are you sure we're getting ICS this month? I have contacted Acer, but they won't give me a definite answer one way or another. I know they said that the a200 would get it in February, but I hadn't heard positive confirmation regarding our a100's. I hope you're right though.....

I asked the folks at Acer when and the person said probably February....Im hoping they were right :D

yanksrock1000

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
You know, I was going to call BS on your Dolby sound comment. So I put in a cheap headset in mine. OMG, it does sound great! While it is too large to use as an MP3 player, it still sounds great.

I also have an iPod touch that I use, and whenever I use it, I wish it sounded like the tablet! Lol....You would think it would be the other way around!

tonyflo04

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Mom one of these for xmas, and holy smokes...I created a monster. She takes it everywhere. For her the battery life is not an issue, she uses it with shopping...plays games (hooked on angry birds)...uses the GPS in the car. she really digs the device. I am going to get a samsung galaxy tab 7 plus as my substitute for my xoom, but i love the portability of a 7" tab

MadManolo

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I have an A100 and it is rooted, it's definitely worth rooting, plus, its easy! The only problem is that I can't record its screen, any solutions for that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz