ICS & USB keyboard from Acer chat

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
As to ICS:
Prashant Patnaik: The update is still under testing and unfortunately there is no ETA on the release date.
Prashant Patnaik: We recommend you to keep the automatic update enabled on the tablet to get a notification as soon as the update is released for your tablet.
Prashant Patnaik: Once we get any update from our testing team, we will be able to provide the release date of Ice cream Sandwich.

McPlot: Also, I have read conflicting reports on if a USB keyboard will or will not work
Prashant Patnaik: I will provide the details.
Prashant Patnaik: Although the Iconia Tab A100/A500 has an onscreen keyboard for text input, you may wish to use a standard USB keyboard when typing out long documents for the sake of comfort. The Iconia Tab A100/A500 does support USB keyboards, however some function keys, which work fine with the Windows operating system, may not work with the way keys are mapped in the Linux based Android operating system.

Prashant Patnaik: Currently, with the Android 3.0 operating system (Honeycomb), the Iconia Tab A100/A500 does not support a USB mouse. However, this is a feature that will be supported in the next version of the Android operating system and will be made available to via a firmware, over the air (FOTA) update when available.

Reactions: mamawM

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the updated info very interesting. I am curious about one thing, where is the setting to enable automatic update?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the updated info very interesting. I am curious about one thing, where is the setting to enable automatic update?

Go into Settings, click on About Tablet, and then click on System Update. A box will pop up giving you the option to automatically check for system updates. Just make sure the box is checked and you're all set.

Reactions: mamawM

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much. I've had it checked all along and just never noticed the check box. I feel like a real doofus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance