Leaked Ice Cream Sandwich!

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but I get no sound on your video. I've tried on my phone, my Tablet, and my Laptop, but there is no audio. Am I the only one having this problem?

My big question for you though is, are we able to move apps to sd on ICS?

Lesser questions:

Pluses?
Minuses?
When you loaded the leak, did it wipe your system?

Thanks in advance for your info!

yanksrock1000

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but I get no sound on your video. I've tried on my phone, my Tablet, and my Laptop, but there is no audio. Am I the only one having this problem?

My big question for you though is, are we able to move apps to sd on ICS?

Lesser questions:

Pluses?
Minuses?
When you loaded the leak, did it wipe your system?

Thanks in advance for your info!

Ugh...sorry about that, I must have done something wrong with the audio. :/
Im going to make a full review....next week or so so ill cover some more things and make sure the audio works ;)

Im not sure about the SD question, but I can answer your others!

Some of the plusses are that its a much better look and feel. Things are quicker, swiping pages, ect. Also, I have always had a problem of scrolling, and selecting something while I was just scrolling. That hasn't happened once with Ics! :D
Also the gmail app is better, and opens the email full screen so you don't have to go to the left or right to see it. I like that.

Theres only a few minuses, apparently you can't root it yet. But I never root so I dont care too much about that. Also the speakers make a 'pop' sound sometimes when typing. Also, chrome beta isn't 100% stable, but I wouldn't blame the OS. It will probably be fixed because its just in beta now.

And no it didn't wipe the system. All your apps will be there, at least thats what happened to me.

Unfortunately, some of the apps didn't 'make it' to ICS. Like the TV Guide app kept having error messages so I had to delete it, same with a few games.

Even though there are some faults with the leak, I like it ALOT better than Honeycomb. It just feels nicer, faster...

Thats all I can think of for now, but if you subscribe you would be notified when my full review goes up to youtube! :D

Best of luck,
Yanksrock1000

askanthony

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
1. rename to update.zip
2. put in root of external sd
3. power off
4. hold left/top volume button and press power button
5. wait for upgrade and reboot to occur
6. enjoy :D

Reactions: airborne mp

--Mac--

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset before flashing ICS. Didn't want to take any chances. Everything has been running very smoothly with no FC's. Any and all apps updated for 4.0 are working just fine (which is most).

It looks like someone has found a way back to HC on the XDA forums in case you change your mind or if we have issues taking the OTA from this leak of ICS (haven't tested this out for myself yet).

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Working fine here. Scrolling is much smoother.

Anyone figure out how screen captures work with the leak, if it in fact, does?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I read on XDA that ICS does allow for the ability to transfer apps to sd, but from what I understood, it's up to the individual companies to build it into their OTA's... or something like that. Hopefully the official build will allow it.

Thanks for getting back to me.

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No problem. I'm hoping the official build allows it to. Right now it seems to handle sd cards like the first Creative mp3 players with SD card support. It allows you to access it, but that's about it. Still worth flashing it, though.

Android Powered

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So would you guys say that this is stable for day to day use? The last thing I want is to be running it with no way to flash back to 3.2, and have a bug ridden tablet.

yanksrock1000

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
So would you guys say that this is stable for day to day use? The last thing I want is to be running it with no way to flash back to 3.2, and have a bug ridden tablet.

Yes! I like it ALOT better than HC for sure. :)

Its not buggy at all....like, they could have released this as the final build and nobody would be complaining. (at least not me)

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I love it, way more snappy than honey comb and to be honest it really doesn't look much different either so it's not hard to adjust to at all.

Honesty I wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to upgrade, DO IT!
Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908