05-20-2012 07:49 PM
- 04-27-2012 05:52 PM
- Aju Pmathew: Hi, my name is Aju Pmathew. How may I help you?
AB: I am looking to confirm what I have been reading on the Android forums about my Gen2 A100 not getting the ICS update
Aju Pmathew: I will definitely help you with this issue.
Aju Pmathew: I understand that you need latest ICS update.
AB: What has been told, and copied from other Acer reps is that the Gen2 A100 Icona tablets are not going to thet the ICS update since we are still running 3.2 and not 3.2.1 like the Gen1 tabs are
Aju Pmathew: A, this is to inform you that the update for the ICS is available and is being released in batches, we recommend you to keep the automatic update enabled through Apps > Settings > About Tablet > System Update > Check the box for “Automatically check for system updates”. This will help the tablet detect an update as soon as it’s available for your product. This update will be available for all the A100.
Aju Pmathew: You will be receiving with in a week.
Aju Pmathew: Don't worry, Adam.
AB: Why is it that it that all of the Gen1 tablets are getting them and the Gen2 is not? Why are some Acer reps telling other people different things? SOme have been told that to get the ICS update on their Gen2 tablets they will have to send them to Acer. Why is each rep giving a differet answer?
Aju Pmathew: Unfortunately, level 2 support is only available from Monday to Friday.
Aju Pmathew: You may contact us on Monday. We can directly transfer to level 2 support.
AB: So what you are saying is that you do not have an answer to the question of why other Acer reps are telling other Gen2 A100 owners different things
Aju Pmathew: Since the update has been released by Goggle. We do not have much information regarding this update.
Aju Pmathew: Please contact us on Monday.
AB: Thanks for being just as misleading and less then forthcoming as the rest of the Acer reps whose convos have been posted on the Android forums for all to see
SHOCKER no anwer to that last comment04-28-2012 03:01 PM
- 04-28-2012 05:47 PM
Just for clarification, didn't you get the update on one of your Gen 2 3.2 tablets?
Has anyone else gotten the update coming from Gen 2 3.2? Thanks.04-28-2012 07:57 PM
- 04-28-2012 10:57 PM
- About that network coverage error. Someone on another forum used a mifi device and was able to upgrade to ics immediately. So if you have the opportunity to try to upgrade over a different network, give that a shot.
The a500's had this issue too but acer released a fix for it on the a500's only.
Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 204-29-2012 12:48 AM
- 04-29-2012 03:58 PM
- I don't think 3.2 has anything to do with having no updates.
I bought three A100s a month ago. All had 3.2. One of them received an upgrade message and first upgraded to 3.2.1 and then 4.0.3 on 4/27.
This worked with at least one of the 3.2s. So, there should be something else that causes the wait.
I wonder if it has something to do with device ID or Acer registration. I used the same email address for all three.
Those devices with 3.2 have device IDs starting with 133... The one received the update starts with 201... I don't know whether the update change the device ID or not.
An unfortunate result of the ICS upgrade was to lose the language support. Honeycomb had so many languages to pick from. I was using it in a language other than English. ICS has only four languages: English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.04-29-2012 06:06 PM
- I completed the registration process when I first got it in January, so I don't know if that has anything to do with getting the update. Also, my ID starts with 146, so I'm not in the 200's. But it's good to know that you had one that updated from 3.2; that gives me hope that it will eventually happen.
And rrand, I'm still getting the network error message, but hopefully it's still a precursor to getting the OTA.04-29-2012 06:26 PM
- I have a gen2 a100 and was on 3.2.1. I was getting the network coverage is poor message as well. Last night the download popped up for me, it went to about 98% then gave me the poor coverage message again. It did that twice then on the third try downloaded and installed ics.
Just wanted to let people know since I've been checking this post daily wondering what the deal was04-30-2012 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD