Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KMfiremedic111 View Post
    Michigan here. Just got my ICS update today. I have read MANY reputable places that the A100 wasn't supposed to get it. Just goes to show. Trust No one.
    Really? I didn't get mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ericp74 View Post
    South Florida here.....I have (2) A100 Gen2.

I received update on 1 so far to 4.0.3 Build Version - Acer_AV041_A100_1.015.00_PA_CUS1

For some reason my other A100 still on 3.2 .. never even upgraded to 3.2.1

Anyway to force update?
    Just called Acer support and was told to wait 2to 3 days for the updates to roll through. So I shall see what the week end holds in store.mine is also 3.2 and gen2

Default Re: ics is here

Tampa Fla no update

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP b38

Many people have called and chatted with Acer and they still maintain that ics for gen2 3.2 will push out today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

After looking .. I figuring anyone who has Gen2 & still on 3.2 will not be getting an update. But after following these instructions. I have my ice cream! !! :-D

How to move from 3.2 to ICS on your A100
    Last edited by ericp74; 05-04-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7 Nightly20120226

Gen2 user...no ICS love....waiting on hold with acer chat

ROM
    CM7 Nightly20120226

Aju Pmathew: Hi, my name is Aju Pmathew. How may I help you?

AB: I am looking to confirm what I have been reading on the Android forums about my Gen2 A100 not getting the ICS update

Aju Pmathew: I will definitely help you with this issue.

Aju Pmathew: I understand that you need latest ICS update.

AB: What has been told, and copied from other Acer reps is that the Gen2 A100 Icona tablets are not going to thet the ICS update since we are still running 3.2 and not 3.2.1 like the Gen1 tabs are

Aju Pmathew: A, this is to inform you that the update for the ICS is available and is being released in batches, we recommend you to keep the automatic update enabled through Apps > Settings > About Tablet > System Update > Check the box for “Automatically check for system updates”. This will help the tablet detect an update as soon as it’s available for your product. This update will be available for all the A100.

Aju Pmathew: You will be receiving with in a week.

Aju Pmathew: Don't worry, Adam.

AB: Why is it that it that all of the Gen1 tablets are getting them and the Gen2 is not? Why are some Acer reps telling other people different things? SOme have been told that to get the ICS update on their Gen2 tablets they will have to send them to Acer. Why is each rep giving a differet answer?

Aju Pmathew: Unfortunately, level 2 support is only available from Monday to Friday.

Aju Pmathew: You may contact us on Monday. We can directly transfer to level 2 support.

AB: So what you are saying is that you do not have an answer to the question of why other Acer reps are telling other Gen2 A100 owners different things

Aju Pmathew: Since the update has been released by Goggle. We do not have much information regarding this update.

Aju Pmathew: Please contact us on Monday.

AB: Thanks for being just as misleading and less then forthcoming as the rest of the Acer reps whose convos have been posted on the Android forums for all to see

SHOCKER no anwer to that last comment

I'm on stock gen2 3.2.1 and I still haven't received the update yet.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Did everyone who is not receiving updates run the acer registration app already? I heard something about it on another forum.

Something new. Now when i manually update I get an error that says, "Network coverage is currently poor. " My connection is excellent. I hope this means the update is on the way.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rrand View Post
    Something new. Now when i manually update I get an error that says, "Network coverage is currently poor. " My connection is excellent. I hope this means the update is on the way.
    I just got the same notice.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

No ICS update here in Philadelphia. I am getting the strange "Network Coverage is currently poor. Please move to a location with better coverage to continue."

Quote Originally Posted by ericp74 View Post
    After looking .. I figuring anyone who has Gen2 & still on 3.2 will not be getting an update. But after following these instructions. I have my ice cream! !! :-D

How to move from 3.2 to ICS on your A100

Use this update zip.... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4166553/update.zip

Just for clarification, didn't you get the update on one of your Gen 2 3.2 tablets?

Has anyone else gotten the update coming from Gen 2 3.2? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    Just for clarification, didn't you get the update on one of your Gen 2 3.2 tablets?

Has anyone else gotten the update coming from Gen 2 3.2? Thanks.
    The one GEN 2 that updated to ICS for some reason had the 3.2.1 update when I got it. The other Gen 2 still only had 3.2 and would not upgrade. I called ACER like so many others & got 2 different answers. The update.zip I installed changed it to GEN 1 & almost immediately updated to 3.2.1 then ICS right after that.
    Thanked by:

Cool. Thanks.

About that network coverage error. Someone on another forum used a mifi device and was able to upgrade to ics immediately. So if you have the opportunity to try to upgrade over a different network, give that a shot.

The a500's had this issue too but acer released a fix for it on the a500's only.

i got my a100 in february so I would assume its most likely a gen 2, and got the update friday morning.

They have to do it in batches so they dont get overloaded, its not always on the first day.

Thats why they started releasing them 4 days early.

Quote Originally Posted by rrand View Post
    I'm getting this message now as well. Did you end up getting the update?

No, I'm afraid I didn't.

Thanked by:

Update: the network coverage error is gone. Check for updates and see if it works for you.

On the downside, there are still no updates for me.

I don't think 3.2 has anything to do with having no updates.

I bought three A100s a month ago. All had 3.2. One of them received an upgrade message and first upgraded to 3.2.1 and then 4.0.3 on 4/27.

This worked with at least one of the 3.2s. So, there should be something else that causes the wait.

I wonder if it has something to do with device ID or Acer registration. I used the same email address for all three.

Those devices with 3.2 have device IDs starting with 133... The one received the update starts with 201... I don't know whether the update change the device ID or not.

Any ideas?

An unfortunate result of the ICS upgrade was to lose the language support. Honeycomb had so many languages to pick from. I was using it in a language other than English. ICS has only four languages: English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.

Still no update but at least the network error message is gone.

I completed the registration process when I first got it in January, so I don't know if that has anything to do with getting the update. Also, my ID starts with 146, so I'm not in the 200's. But it's good to know that you had one that updated from 3.2; that gives me hope that it will eventually happen.

And rrand, I'm still getting the network error message, but hopefully it's still a precursor to getting the OTA.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Used the update.zip to get to 3.2.1 and then like documented was able to upgrade to ICS. Love it! Appreciate the help given.

I have a gen2 a100 and was on 3.2.1. I was getting the network coverage is poor message as well. Last night the download popped up for me, it went to about 98% then gave me the poor coverage message again. It did that twice then on the third try downloaded and installed ics.

Just wanted to let people know since I've been checking this post daily wondering what the deal was
    Thanked by:
    rrand 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast