ics is here

ericp74#CB

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
South Florida here.....I have (2) A100 Gen2.

I received update on 1 so far to 4.0.3 Build Version - Acer_AV041_A100_1.015.00_PA_CUS1

For some reason my other A100 still on 3.2 .. never even upgraded to 3.2.1

Anyway to force update?

KMfiremedic111

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Michigan here. Just got my ICS update today. I have read MANY reputable places that the A100 wasn't supposed to get it. Just goes to show. Trust No one.

dkear

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Been following another thread. Seems that anyone who is on a Gen 2 3.2 build is having problems getting the update. What's more, one user contacted Acer support and was instructed to send their tablet in to tech to have it manually upgraded. Hopefully this is not true. Hopefully there is some sort of patch coming soon. I have a Gen 2 build but it came out of the box with 3.2.1 build. A taste of Ice Cream was waiting for me this morning.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Been following another thread. Seems that anyone who is on a Gen 2 3.2 build is having problems getting the update. What's more, one user contacted Acer support and was instructed to send their tablet in to tech to have it manually upgraded. Hopefully this is not true. Hopefully there is some sort of patch coming soon. I have a Gen 2 build but it came out of the box with 3.2.1 build. A taste of Ice Cream was waiting for me this morning.

I hope that that's not the case, cause I have a Gen 2 3.2 tab, and I just don't see myself sending it to Acer so they can manually update it. We'll see if I get it or not.....

anon(662267)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
South Florida here.....I have (2) A100 Gen2.

I received update on 1 so far to 4.0.3 Build Version - Acer_AV041_A100_1.015.00_PA_CUS1

For some reason my other A100 still on 3.2 .. never even upgraded to 3.2.1

Anyway to force update?

Just called Acer support and was told to wait 2to 3 days for the updates to roll through. So I shall see what the week end holds in store.mine is also 3.2 and gen2

dkear

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Many people have called and chatted with Acer and they still maintain that ics for gen2 3.2 will push out today.

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Aju Pmathew: Hi, my name is Aju Pmathew. How may I help you?

AB: I am looking to confirm what I have been reading on the Android forums about my Gen2 A100 not getting the ICS update

Aju Pmathew: I will definitely help you with this issue.

Aju Pmathew: I understand that you need latest ICS update.

AB: What has been told, and copied from other Acer reps is that the Gen2 A100 Icona tablets are not going to thet the ICS update since we are still running 3.2 and not 3.2.1 like the Gen1 tabs are

Aju Pmathew: A, this is to inform you that the update for the ICS is available and is being released in batches, we recommend you to keep the automatic update enabled through Apps > Settings > About Tablet > System Update > Check the box for “Automatically check for system updates”. This will help the tablet detect an update as soon as it’s available for your product. This update will be available for all the A100.

Aju Pmathew: You will be receiving with in a week.

Aju Pmathew: Don't worry, Adam.

AB: Why is it that it that all of the Gen1 tablets are getting them and the Gen2 is not? Why are some Acer reps telling other people different things? SOme have been told that to get the ICS update on their Gen2 tablets they will have to send them to Acer. Why is each rep giving a differet answer?

Aju Pmathew: Unfortunately, level 2 support is only available from Monday to Friday.

Aju Pmathew: You may contact us on Monday. We can directly transfer to level 2 support.

AB: So what you are saying is that you do not have an answer to the question of why other Acer reps are telling other Gen2 A100 owners different things

Aju Pmathew: Since the update has been released by Goggle. We do not have much information regarding this update.

Aju Pmathew: Please contact us on Monday.

AB: Thanks for being just as misleading and less then forthcoming as the rest of the Acer reps whose convos have been posted on the Android forums for all to see

SHOCKER no anwer to that last comment

rrand

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Did everyone who is not receiving updates run the acer registration app already? I heard something about it on another forum.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

rrand

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Something new. Now when i manually update I get an error that says, "Network coverage is currently poor. " My connection is excellent. I hope this means the update is on the way.

KennethD

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Something new. Now when i manually update I get an error that says, "Network coverage is currently poor. " My connection is excellent. I hope this means the update is on the way.

I just got the same notice.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

ericp74#CB

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Just for clarification, didn't you get the update on one of your Gen 2 3.2 tablets?

Has anyone else gotten the update coming from Gen 2 3.2? Thanks.

The one GEN 2 that updated to ICS for some reason had the 3.2.1 update when I got it. The other Gen 2 still only had 3.2 and would not upgrade. I called ACER like so many others & got 2 different answers. The update.zip I installed changed it to GEN 1 & almost immediately updated to 3.2.1 then ICS right after that.

Reactions: mightyfacundo