ics is here

droid_dog

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Woke up this am and had a notice that there was an update. I clicked install and it went through the normal process of updating. When it finished I checked the version and was still on 3.2.1. So I did a manual check and there was ice update. Downloaded and installed flawlessly.

Since I posted this in the a100 forum I would guess that is what I am referring to. My tab is Gen 1 as well.

Oh and I'm in California. Acer must be feeling generous to the west coast and give us ics a little early.

Last edited:

OpnWhlz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Located in Central Pennsylvania-USA, I, too, received the ICS Update yesterday (Monday 4/23). The update seemed to be in two (2) stages, with a smaller (18MB) update preceding the second and larger (188MB) installation package. My girlfriend has an ACER 500, but she has yet to receive any ICS update files.

As the "ACER Unlock Ring" was also MIA from my update, I decided to completely "reset" my device to what would amount to a "factory-fresh" ICS installation, then adding back all APPS etc. While this process did seem to now include a new "weather/clock" combo, I still found no "ACER Unlock Ring". Perhaps this was deleted in the final release.

I would also expect additional "bug fix" updates to occur in the next few weeks as the ICS installations become more widespread.

bcool777

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
just found my update ....i am rooted and did the update but no go update fails stuck at acer screen says in little red letters (recovery verified failed....spin forever) turn it off or reset says update failed ... any thoughts ????? i have a100 gen 2 with root
in USA in Nebraska stuck at 3.2.1 build number acer_A100_2.007.02_CO_GEN 2

Last edited:

caddi27

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
In Tennessee and got my update early this morning. Everything is working perfect and it seems to be smoother.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

bcool777

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
who has root with an acer a100 gen 2 running 3.2 cause my update is not working for ics seems to be about 20.5 megs....i get the update but no go.( down load fails) is this because of root?If so how do i fix this really want ics.. how to unroot now i guess ...???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2