Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NO ICS :(

OK... so I FINALLY got my a100 to update... but only from 3.2 to 3.2.1.... what gives? where is ICS? Any information would be great... thanks.....

Default Re: NO ICS :(

Same thing here.

manually check for a update again. The update to ICS is two parts, first a small honeycomb update, then a larger update to ICS.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatterBrained View Post
    manually check for a update again. The update to ICS is two parts, first a small honeycomb update, then a larger update to ICS.
    If I flash down to 3.2.1 gen 1, will I get the smaller update as well as the large update?

Quote Originally Posted by ScatterBrained View Post
    Unfortunately, the update still doesn't show up for me. I got 3.2.1 yesterday and have manually checked repeatedly for it with no luck.
    Thanked by:
    rrand 

Still no ICS.
    Gen 3.2.1

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

Gen 2 tab updated to 3.2.1 a couple days ago. Today I awoke and had 2 small updates followed by the ICS update. So it is apparently coming. Hang in there.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yeah I woke up to the same thing this morning... two smaller updates and then the ICS update..... FINALLY... lol.... oh yeah... and it was a 4.0.3 update.......

Well, still No sign of ics. Gen2, 3.2.1 out of the box.U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by PookaLady View Post
    Well, still No sign of ics. Gen2, 3.2.1 out of the box.U.S.A.
    Same. I feel I'm going to be dead last, if I get it at all.

Still waiting patiently here. stuck on gen 2 3.21

Talking Re: NO ICS :(

WELL, at least we are not alone.Still waiting May 9th.I actually thought the tab would immediately update when it arrived.Should have known better. The update was already released and people were posting about it when my tab arrived at my home.

Just got a A500 that was delivered Wednesday from SECONDIPITY. It was honeycomb when I opened it up and immediately started updating to ICS. My A100 still is stuck on Honeycomb.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieDynamite666 View Post
    Just got a A500 that was delivered Wednesday from SECONDIPITY. It was honeycomb when I opened it up and immediately started updating to ICS. My A100 still is stuck on Honeycomb.
    Glad things went so smoothly for you.That is what I had expectedly would happen when my a100 arrived.I am still waiting. Still smiling though.

Quote Originally Posted by PookaLady View Post

Glad things went so smoothly for you.That is what I had expectedly would happen when my a100 arrived.I am still waiting. Still smiling though.
    One possible solution would be for you to do a factory reset of your A100, totally wipe out the memory, then see if it will update. Obviously, this would be a big pain if you have a lot of data to backup and restore, but it might work.

I just got off of chat with Acer. First they asked for my serial number which I don't have because the little paper fell out of my A100 when i first got it. She said she couldn't help me then, though she said she would provide me with general information.

First, she sent me the link about preparing your tablet for upgrade - for the A500! I told her that was the wrong version. I already knew because i looked at it before.

Then, she sent me instructions for turning on automatic updates, which of course, is already set up.

Then, she sent me a link to the schedule of updates, and said the rollout could take a week. I told her it's almost been two weeks, and then she said that was all she could do and sent me an address for email support.

I found my serial number so I contacted acer again. This time they made no reference to my serial number. I was told not to worry, I'll receive it within a week. That's all.

Still waiting here too. Still on gen 2 3.21

Well here we go,Fri. morning,May 11th and still no sign of ics.I sure would like to see it show up before Sunday, Mother's Day. The Acer Iconia a100 wirh ics was suppose to be my Mother's Day gift to me from me. My pout lip is starring to quiver.Lol.
    Gen 2, 3.2.1.

Btw, acer chat customer service told me the same thing....... a week ago.
    I contactted them because I thought it might have something to do with just purchasing right after the release of ics to USA. They said it didn't and it would show up within a week.It It had already beeneeleased over a wewk when I contacted them.

still waiting here too. gen 2. 3.21

So how do you know if they are Gen 2 or not? Both my wife and son have the a100 and were updated to ICS at the beginning of the week. So far they are working pretty good have not seen any problems yet.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy007 View Post
    So how do you know if they are Gen 2 or not? Both my wife and son have the a100 and were updated to ICS at the beginning of the week. So far they are working pretty good have not seen any problems yet.

It will say GEN2 at the end of the build number. You can find the build number on the settings/about tablet page. On honeycomb you have to scroll down to see it, but I'm not sure about ics.

They are both Gen 2

Thanked by:
    rrand 

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy007 View Post
    They are both Gen 2

Thanks for letting us know. Any little information is helpful.

I just got my update to ICS tonight, so hang in there if you're still waiting on it. I know waiting on updates sucks, but I think we will all eventually get it. I have a Gen2 that updated to 3.2.1 a week or so ago, and like others have reported, I got 3 updates tonight, with the 3rd giving me ICS. Just wanted to share and let everyone know that Acer is still pushing out the OTA.
    Thanked by:
    rrand 
    rrand likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast