Unfortunately, email has stopped error

inval1d

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have yahoo and Hotmail on the native email app running ics and every time I select combined view, it gives me that error. I tried restoring to factory but it didn't help. Anyone getting the same problem? Fix? Thanks!

Rohit Kr

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
I went to Settings>> Applications Manager>>All>>Hold onthe email logo for 2 secs and release it.
Now you can Clear Data and/or Force Stop.
Next time when you launch Email App, it will ask you to set up the email accounts again.
I think it is better than backup and factory reset.
Anyways the email data will be synced.

Thanks.

Cadence Kirby

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I went to Settings>> Applications Manager>>All>>Hold onthe email logo for 2 secs and release it.
Now you can Clear Data and/or Force Stop.
Next time when you launch Email App, it will ask you to set up the email accounts again.
I think it is better than backup and factory reset.
Anyways the email data will be synced.

Thanks.

thanks a lot, better than a reset, ur the bomb!!!! :0)

Dinesh Gadewal

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Any update on this problem ?

I am now getting frustrated :mad: with the error pops again and again on the screen.

Is Android or Google even working on this ?

Tried following:
1.Clear Cache
2.Removed email account and reconfigured
3.Uninstalled all updates, forced stopped and re-installed all new updates and configured the email account

All above steps with no success

I am referring to the Email app that is default loaded on Nexus 4

Yazeed Talodi

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I have yahoo and Hotmail on the native email app running ics and every time I select combined view, it gives me that error. I tried restoring to factory but it didn't help. Anyone getting the same problem? Fix? Thanks!

SOLUTION FOR ME: download samsung kies to your computer...plug your phone to it...update the firmware
I tried clearing the cache and deleting data and restarting the phone but nothing worked. The above solution solved my problem

RudiRastlos

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Nothing works for me. :(

Neither the factory reset,
neither the firmware update,
neither the force halting of the client,
not even this mysterious inbox trick.

denise14

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got a new Motorola turbo and it keeps getting an error message that pops up and says "unfortunately email has stopped working" with ok after it. it keeps popping up, sometimes you have to press ok, sometimes not, but it keeps flashing up. the phone shuts down. you can't do anything, the phone is locked. I have the standard gmail accounts on the phone. I am ready to return it. any fix for this??????

Rick Aue

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Whoever advised "send an email from one account to the other and leave it in the inbox" CLEARLY did understand the problem...the email ap DOES NOT WORK so sending an e-mail is impossible.

smalltown

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the message, "Unfortunately, Mailbox has stopped" repeatedly popping up. I went to my android tablets "Play store" and did a search for mailbox. I found an app that seemed to be associated with dropbox. I uninstalled the "mailbox app". That seems to have solved the problem. My Dropbox is still working.

Last edited:

bhkgdk

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I started getting this message last week when I tried to reply to emails. I went thru the suggested steps but still had the issue. I set my phone back to factory settings.....pain the phone! Did not work. Finaly an answer: Android wants you to be on the latest operating system Marshmellow. I am on Lollipop. I keep geting android updates which is causing the issue. I was shown the following:
Go to Settings > AppManager
Look for Android System WebView
Uninstall it, clear cahe and disable it.
This fixed my phone until the next update came thru. Did the same thing and phone is ok for now. My phone is only a year old.

JosephEternity

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, I had the same issue and tried all of the tips and trick in the above thread, it was the advice in BHKGDK's post that fixed the issue for me. Suggest you give this a try first as there is no need to reset email account.

good luck...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay