I KILLED Lloyd

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I did it. I killed Lloyd. Too many cheesy B movies on Netflix did him in! When I go into recovery, I get a dead lloyd laying on his back. His chest opened up. A red triangle sticking out of it with a ! in the middle. My little Lloyd is dead! :'(

Sending the Acer in for repairs. It is still under warranty.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Any idea what really happened? Were you rooted? I'm just hoping to avoid killing Lloyd since my 3 year old spilled water on my laptop and killed it, leaving me with only my tab and phone.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea how. I was watching a video online while I was supposed to be at work telling some old lady how to program her remote to control the TV she just paid way to much for, and it died. I has to use the reset pin hole at the bottom to get it to reset. It only went to the Acer splash screen. Trying recovery, I get the dead Lloyd.

I am not rooted.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

PrettyPryncess

May 8, 2011
Visit site
This is the very issue that has happen to my boyfriend's tab around the second week of this month. The reps at Acer stated that its a hardware problem, it still doesn't make too much sense how all of a sudden a nonrooted device can just brick it self after working normally. I think the op stated he was watching a video and bf wasn't even doing that he was on Facebook. He hasn't sent his in for repair yet because we are not sure if Acer will service it because he has some damage to his screen. I've been reading alot of different forums about the Acer a100 and this is a common problem. :-\

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When you get the red triangle, it usually means you just need to flash recovery again before booting into it. If you can't go back and flash it from within the romantic by going into clockwork mod, you can probably still flash it by booting to the bootloader screen. Good luck

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeh, still under warrenty. Once it runs out, I am likely to root just to do that memory trick. Get a 32gb class 10 as the main storage. I can finally keep some of these large gameloft games on my system. I am currently playing Nova 3.

Oh, I got my system back. The outside was the same. I am not sure about the insides.