Warning: Bad Power Supplies for A100

rrand

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
For months I had an issue where my A100 was acting erratically. Every now and then the screen would go nuts and things on the screen would be clicked even if my hand was nowhere near. I tried everything to make it stop. I even reset the device and uninstalled almost all the applications. Online threads were saying to send the device to be repaired. All this would only happen when the device was plugged in. However I didn't know it because I also had a minor lag issue where the screen would become unresponsive for a few seconds every now and then. Every time I thought I had it fixed it started bugging out again. Very frustrating.

I bought the bad cord from eBay. It claimed to work with the A100. I recommend people purchase an authentic Acer cord in the future. Saving a few dollars is not worth the hassle.

Last edited:

vinnie01

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me. Purchased mine from Amazon, generic for like ~$15. I figured out pretty quickly it was a bad power supply, it also doesn't fit properly since its too long. However, I still use it only to power up the a100, I never keep that plug in when I use my tablet, or it screws everything up. A100 power supply is very exensive. Overall, I like my a100, i've had it sine 11/2011 but I will never purchase a tablet like Acer with a propietary power supply. My next device purchase will have the ability to power through USB! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith