A100 is dead

ericp74#CB

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
My A100 will not boot & when i try to do a factory reset using the power button & volume up key. I cannot select any options.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if the battery was running low? Try keeping it plugged in with the charger for a good day or so, then try again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ScatterBrained

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Is the screen blank when you turn it on? I just had this same issue a month ago, sent it in to Acer for warranty repair, they replaced the motherboard.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My A100 will not boot & when i try to do a factory reset using the power button & volume up key. I cannot select any options.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Its just stuck on the Acer logo.

I just had the exact same problem as you just a few weeks ago. Mine was still under warranty and they replaced the motherboard in my tablet. Sent it in on a Monday afternoon and had it back in my hands on Saturday afternoon via FedEx no less. Tablet now runs much faster than it did before. I'm definitely a happy camper with Acer.

Cindy

mordak

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine died last week. It went out via FedEx yesterday. Same exact issue as you and Cindy have/had. I only had 52 days left on my warranty - fortunately. I also just sent my brand new Acer 11.6 inch netbook back for a dead battery after one month of having it. So they have two of my devices at once. Not feeling the love for Acer at the moment. Hopefully that will change once this is all resolved. It will only have cost me about $25 in total shipping charges and plenty of patience. Good luck.

anon(662267)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine just died today too, on it's way to Acer tomorrow. I am already going into withdrawals...Won't boot or turn the screen on, had a hard time understanding the tech support guy from India though, at least he was nice.

LA LAKER FAN BRYAN

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I got the same problem man.. it gets stuck on the android screen... and I did the hold power button and volume up.. Is it dead? Can i send it to the acer company? Will they fix it for free?

anon(662267)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got it back today, They replaced the motherboard under warranty(I expire end of April) and it seems to be better than new. I have more memory for one thing now, it shows 12 Gb free when I had 5 Gb free before so I think I got a 16 Gb motherboard :D Interesting, but grateful to have a better tablet than what I sent them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that was nice of them! If only they replaced the battery with one that lasts for more than 4 hours!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

ScatterBrained

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine died twice in less than a year, both times Acer replaced the motherboard under warranty. Problem is a faulty emmc chip. All A100's will eventually suffer this dreaded death.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC