New with questions about External storages

05_TL

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay I just bought an Acer Iconia A100 today so I joined the forum to see what other things I can do to the tablet. When I first received it I was really excited until I found out that the tablet can not use external hard drives or memory stick which really sucks because I am doing a mod to my car which I will be putting this device into my car. Was wandering if anyone knows a best way to get more space besides the SD card, I searched around and some say it can and some says it can't so I rather post here and ask. I have seen micro SD card plugged into USB port, and was wondering if that would work? Any suggestions would be great, the device will be in my car permanent so I want to be able to access the memory thru and extended USB port if I can.
I also read somewhere that a wireless harddrive is able to access into the tablet but if anyone know any info about that, that would be great.

Any advice or help would be great thanks.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The USB port is for connection with a PC the only. It does not have a host mode.

The wireless HDD will work but it's costly.

Unrelated, listen to some music with headphones on. The Dolby mobile kicks some butt on this tablet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

anon(662267)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Okay I just bought an Acer Iconia A100 today so I joined the forum to see what other things I can do to the tablet. When I first received it I was really excited until I found out that the tablet can not use external hard drives or memory stick which really sucks because I am doing a mod to my car which I will be putting this device into my car. Was wandering if anyone knows a best way to get more space besides the SD card, I searched around and some say it can and some says it can't so I rather post here and ask. I have seen micro SD card plugged into USB port, and was wondering if that would work? Any suggestions would be great, the device will be in my car permanent so I want to be able to access the memory thru and extended USB port if I can.
I also read somewhere that a wireless harddrive is able to access into the tablet but if anyone know any info about that, that would be great.

Any advice or help would be great thanks.

I have been able to use mp3's 's and pictures from my networked wireless drive using Clearfi and the media server that come with the default software on the A100 with no issues. Try those, I think that is about all you can do though.

airborne mp

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a lacie wireless space that I stream movies and music onto my a100 using ES explorer. It works great and has 2tb of storage. I also have a 16gb micro in the external storage slot.

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

05_TL

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the reply, think ill try the 64gb SD card and do the wireless harddrive if needed. Installing this Acer into my car soon. Will post pictures.

vinnie01

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: New with questions about External storages 64gb sdcard

Yes! From the posts on other forums a 64gb SDx formatted to fat32 should work. I will purchase a 64 gb sdcard soon. I want it for my galaxy note i717, mainly for mp3s. But I also want to try it with my A100 and samsung exhibit 2 t679. If it works for both these older devices I will post back. :cool:
I won't be using it for any *critical* files though just in case the androids get finicky. :confused:

Iconia Tab A100 + ICS + Sandisk 64G = Success - xda-developers
SanDisk 64GB Micro SDXC cards working on multiple Android devices - Android Community

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463