Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default playing music video in the back ground while searching the web

Hey guys I was wondering if theres anyway to keep the music video playing while searching the web, I recently installed this acer on my car so i wanted to be able to listen to music and do other stuff if I need to but the music keeps cutting out when I try to go on another app. Any way to keep the music or music video playing while browsing on web or other apps thanks.

Default Re: playing music video in the back ground while searching the web

What media player are you using? I would imagine that most players would not continue playing a video if you switch to another app. But most music players will keep playing a music file in the background if you switch to another app--typically, you'll see a small icon in the notification bar that represents the song that's playing, maybe with a pause or skip button. Google Play Music does this, and most 3rd party music players do as well.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Dice player plays in the background

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I just use the player that came with the iconia a100, I play music videos and would like it to run even when im on other apps or web browsing. everytime I click on browsing it just pauses the player, I will try other players. any suggestions for playing music videos. thanks for replying guys.

Do you want to play the videos in the background just to hear the music? If that's the case, I suggest just playing the music as an MP3 file. Playing a video while doing other things is true multitasking, which Android really doesn't do. I think that kind of activity is possible on the Blackberry Playbook and maybe the HP Touchpad.

Did a quick search--you could try this app, but it only has 10 ratings and no reviews, so no guarantees:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eoplayer&hl=en

Ok, so maybe I spoke too soon about Android not being able to play videos in the background. This one claims to be able to as well:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ayerfull&hl=en

You may be able to find more by Googling "Android video player background."
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ah thanks a lot I was tried searching before I posted couldnt find anything good, since I installed the tablet in my car I wanted to play music videos and when I want to browse web the music would continue playing.

-update: okay I tried both app, the Act 1 VP is much better just that you have to pay for it. The BG VP is decent works pretty good for a free app, I wil stick to the BG VP thanks again!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Dice player has a built in sound booster and pop out play and its free. Plus plays all music and video types.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

really, thanks ill give that a try!