Default Camera App Missing
Hello Everyone, new user here. I did a quick look over the forums, but did not see anything that pertained to my issue. If I missed anything, please direct me to the correct place. Thank you.
Anyway, I turned on my Acer Iconia A100 this morning to find out that my little brother had managed to remove my default camera. I have no clue how he did this, or why, but I would really like to get it back on. As far as I can tell, the camera is gone (it doesn't show in the app list anymore). I've done some searches, and found out that I need to have the camera.apk file to fix this. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of it for my tablet? I would prefer not to do a factory reset if I don't need to. Thank you.
Additional notes: The default camera app is not an option on the lock screen any longer, though the other camera apps I have installed are. Also, the tablet is running Ice Cream Sandwich instead of Honeycomb.
- 04-17-2013, 11:40 AM #2
Re: Default Camera App Missing
If your A100 is not rooted, you shouldn't be able to uninstall the stock Camera app. By "app list," are you referring to the list of all apps that comes up when you tap the rectangular 6 dot icon in the upper right?
If you're not rooted and the Camera app doesn't show in the All Apps drawer, then it's possible it might have been disabled. Go to Settings/Apps/All Apps, and scroll all the way down to see if you find it among the disabled apps.
- 03-23-2014, 03:21 AM #4
- 03-23-2014, 03:31 PM #5
- 04-16-2014, 07:55 PM #6
- 04-16-2014, 07:57 PM #7
- By ragnarokx in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 10Last Post: 09-22-2012, 01:40 PM
- By Dubbayoo in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 0Last Post: 07-30-2012, 10:34 AM
- By Dtim56 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 3Last Post: 07-21-2012, 03:06 PM
- By LandLockedPH in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 7Last Post: 03-04-2012, 10:07 AM
- By deevooneh in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 2Last Post: 09-04-2011, 04:45 PM