Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tablet will not unlock

Usually, I can get the help I need just by reading through the forums, but this problem is different. My tablet turns on, the screen rotates all the way around, but when i pull the circle to the unlock position nothing happens even though the circle moves. After a few seconds of trying this, the circle on the lock screen will just proceed to bounce around the screen like a five year old after to much candy. I read on another forum, a similar problem in which the answer was to put it on the charger and then that could possibly settle it down, but that makes little sense. I'll give it a shot as stranger things have happened but I'm hoping for a second, third, or more opinion.

Thanks so much

Ron
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Tablet will not unlock

Put it on the charger as the other post said to with no luck. Any other ideas?

What happens if you power it down and then power back up again?

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I can not press the button that says it is ok to power down when it pops up on the lock screen. I have also tried the little emergency reset button on the bottom to no avail.

What happens if you press and hold the power button to power down? If an Android device is frozen, that will usually power it down if you hold it long enough. Not sure if it will work in your situation, though.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I can turn it off that way also but upon reboot, the tablet still will not unlock and the ring just bounces. If it makes any difference, the device is not rooted, and fully stock. I also forgot to mention that the volume buttons do not work so I can't perform a hard reset using them either.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So I completely tore apart the tablet figuring all along that the digitizer was the issue to which I'm hoping dust or something got in there and is sticking to it as after I put it back together the problem spot seems to be where the "o" key is on the keyboard (when sideways with the volume buttons on top) as that is what was coming up as well as the app in that spot. So the question is, can the glass be safely pulled from the metal in order to try and fix it or am I just going to have to find a new digitizer assembly all together?

Wow, that's too advanced for me! Hopefully, someone else might have an answer for you. Good luck!

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for the help.

So easy I found to fix it just connect with laptop go to android device properties I update all drivers and Bingo!!!, So its no true like cheap tablets in rubbish while they dosent work