Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Silent Infiltrator
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Acer Iconia A1

Hey all so my mum bought my sister an acer iconia a1 today, for 150£. I wa just wondering if this will be ok for her to listen to music, go on faebook, take pics, general web browsing and watching a few vids on youtube. I looked at the specs and assume it is, just wanted a second opinion, thanks!

Default Re: Acer Iconia A1

It should be fine. Acer makes pretty solid tablets, although don't expect an amazing camera. Their screens also tend to be a little on the mediocre side, but for a budget tablet, they should work well for what she's going to use it for.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    It should be fine. Acer makes pretty solid tablets, although don't expect an amazing camera. Their screens also tend to be a little on the mediocre side, but for a budget tablet, they should work well for what she's going to use it for.
    Brilliant, thanks. I thought it should be fine, specs aren't much different from the galaxy tab 3 7" which was 40£ more.
    B. Diddy likes this.

I have had my acer a100 for over a year now. Love it still! Works great. I don't get what some say about the screen. Mine is just fine. I don't look at a screen from sideways or off angles, who the heck does? I download movies, streamed netflix, listen to music both stored and streamed. Have installed a 32GB memory card. Picked up a cover from amazon and a spare ORIGINAL charger. Do not use an aftermarket charger! It will fry your motherboard! I learned that the hard way! This is a great tablet!

Sent from my A100 using AC Forums mobile app
    Just a bit of pocket fuzz!

I agree that the A100 was, at the time, an overall good value. My problem with the screen's viewing angle was that if I looked at it from an angle of about 20-30 degrees from perpendicular, the image would actually start to look like a film negative. This would be a problem if, for example, I was lying in bed and holding the tablet on my chest trying to watch something.