Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: [ROM] ICS 4.0.3 leak for A200

Quote Originally Posted by DeerSteak View Post
    Happened again today and I never used the Amazon app store, so I guess I was wrong.

jhunterb18 - true, good point. I have mine set to never sleep, though it does sleep with teh screen off by default.

Try redownloading and reflashing ICS cause I don't have the issue your having.

re-downloaded from vache-android.com and reflashed. I hope this helps.

It's only doing it at home; it went fine all day at work. Wonder if the cause is some incompatibility with my Airport Extreme Base Station? It's the version before teh current one, single radio 802.11n draft, with the latest firmware.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Might be your home router.

While I don't discount it, it'd be weird. My Kindle Fire running an early version of CyanogenMod 9 does not have any problems on wifi.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Is it running on N wireless? Cause I know the A200 does and that could be the issue.
    Thanked by:

Yes it's running 802.11n. I'll just wait until the official and hope for the best.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by DeerSteak View Post
    Yes it's running 802.11n. I'll just wait until the official and hope for the best.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk
    Do you have the 3.2 firmware?

I downloaded three different 3.2 builds from vache-android.com and tried to flash it but it fails to flash. I can get into recovery fine and it starts. Gets to 25% and the little android picture keels over dead with a triangle/exclamation point. I've been told (on this forum? another? I forget now) that those were pre-release versions, but people who bought their A200s very early on got a full 258MB update. I'm waiting to see if someone uploads that big 3.2.1 update and I'll try reverting. Or if someone knows the link where the tablet looks for builds, I can try to get there.

Took and small update today and then installed volume + app and when it opened it said i see you are running ics acer must have pushed the prep for ics in the last update so hopefully it wont be long for the official update.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Volume+ said that before the small update was received today.

Hey ALl, new to the forum.. i just purchased a A200 and will receive it this afternoon. Before going through with this update, i would like to ask...

Will i receive the OTA once it's released if i use this rom.

second, are there ways to revert back to stock if i run across the wi-fi issues others are reporting??

thanks in advance.

I'm now an acer customer, after purchasing the Moto Xoom FE (which is no longer for sale after a short time). i also own a Acer A500.. Acer is def. top of the line. my A500 has been perfect. Heavy and overall a great tab
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

I believe as of right now, there is no way to go back to the Stock ROM unless you can find the File somewhere. I think Deerstreak is in the same boat. Also, If your on the leaked ICS rom, I dont think you will get the notification for the update when it comes out. Might have to have someone load it online to where you can reflash the offical if its different from the leak.
    patrickbo likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Guess someone was able to go back to 3.2.1 not exactly sure what file the guy used but here's the link:

Thanked by:
    patrickbo likes this.

I got my A200 flashed ICS.. i love it! the new Chrome Beta is also a great addition to ICS

I'm having some Wifi connectivity issues, but only last momentarily.. haven't had any troubles with the tablet sleeping and rebooting out of nowhere.. so i'm going to continue with this setup.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by jhunterb18 View Post
    Guess someone was able to go back to 3.2.1 not exactly sure what file the guy used but here's the link:

Looks like that ROM did work for a member over there. I see people having these wifi connectivity issues. Not sure if I want to flash ICS. Basically because the WiFi is the most important part.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Ok. Ive officially took the plunge and installed this. Im an addict when it comes to this stuff and I just had to flash it. Im sure glad I did.

Im not having any wifi issues so far. Ive only had it installed now for about 20 minutes. Ive been using it pretty much non stop. The Pictures in the gallery load up quicker. The Browser is refined, which Im used to ICS since I have the Gnexus. The Keyboard is the same as the ICS verison. No problems there. The Browser was smooth and fluid. Pinch to Zoom is fine, pages load up quick on Wifi. The Boot up of it might actually be a tad quicker. The Lock screen is a bit different, which it adds a little bit of a better touch to it.

Everything from ICS is there and everything seems to work totally fine. The performance is quick and snappy also. Not sure if the sound recorder has changed. It seems a bit clearer and I actually was able to perform Google Searches with Voice and they came out close. Some accurate, some just a little bit off. It might have inmproved a little bit more. But this release will probably be the official since there really isnt any flaws with it.

If anyone wants to know anything about it, let me know. The flash was quick, had no problems and it updated within about 10 minutes altogether.

This actually makes it that much better, and mostly all the apps I have are already compatible with ICS. Just search for HD verisons of apps, since there Tablet type.
    Thanked by:

Found any problems with it yet! I'm tempted!
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

12:13am the next day. Running smooth :-)
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    12:13am the next day. Running smooth :-)
    Good to hear it man.

I wanted to let everyone here know that I have stepped out of the tablet scene. I returned my tablet to best buy. Was a great tablet but I wanted it to be able to replace my laptop and it wasn't able to do that. I don't think I'll be able to find a tablet that is capable of doing that at this point in time. Until the next gen of tablets comes out. Have fun with yours!

Best Regards,

JHunterB18
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Official ICS Update rolling out now.....

your download sight is dead make me join dead link you suck

So what new innovations are included with ICS 4.0.3 that many are scrambling for?

Dead link.

url not found?

Quote Originally Posted by acommondesire View Post
    Found this and flashed it to my tablet haven't had any issues with it yet.

To install:

Step 1: download from link (I used my tablet to download it.)
    Step 2: rename to update.zip (used esfile explorer to rename and move it)
    Step 3: copy file to root of EXTERNAL SD CARD
    Step 4: power off tablet
    Step 5: press and hold left volume button (button with two dots) and then press and hold power until Acer appears and white text that appears in the upper left corner.
    Step 6: let it install it shouldn't take all that long
    Step 7: Enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich. Suggest rebooting just once to let it settle in fully.

Also, not responsible for bricked or blown up tablets.

Thanks DeerSteak for an addition to my write up.

link is dead
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast