[ROM] ICS 4.0.3 leak for A200

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a viable tip. DeerStreak, you should try and wipe everything and start from scratch. See if that makes anything better. Im just suprised that there arent that many people in this forum. XDA hasnt made one specifically for the A200 yet. Which I know a lot of the Devs and people will flock more there. I just wish it was beefed up more here. This is actually a great tablet.

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I think I nailed down my issue to the Amazon App Store. It only seems to die when I download several apps at a time there. A single or even a couple downloads work and then the download chokes off and wifi dies altogether. I manually FC'd the Amazon app last time it happened and everything else sprang back to life. It probably won't even happen again since I have most of my worthwhile Amazon-purchased (or free, I should say) apps installed now.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think I nailed down my issue to the Amazon App Store. It only seems to die when I download several apps at a time there. A single or even a couple downloads work and then the download chokes off and wifi dies altogether. I manually FC'd the Amazon app last time it happened and everything else sprang back to life. It probably won't even happen again since I have most of my worthwhile Amazon-purchased (or free, I should say) apps installed now.

Give it till tomorrow. Let me know how that works out for you. If it is indeed that, I might try to flash this. I just have to get a Micro SD card. Its crazy how I always used to have them, now I dont have any. The Nexus has it pre-installed so I didnt really have a need for one. But Now its gonna be time to get one and expland this tablet.

acommondesire

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Regarding WiFi,

If you go to Wireless & Networks>Wi-Fi>Three dots upper right corner>Advanced>Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep you can chose when to have it sleep, just remembered to check that just now. Kept wondering why my WiFi would keep going to sleep when the screen turned off. Just a FYI.

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Give it till tomorrow. Let me know how that works out for you. If it is indeed that, I might try to flash this. I just have to get a Micro SD card. Its crazy how I always used to have them, now I dont have any. The Nexus has it pre-installed so I didnt really have a need for one. But Now its gonna be time to get one and expland this tablet.

Happened again today and I never used the Amazon app store, so I guess I was wrong.

jhunterb18 - true, good point. I have mine set to never sleep, though it does sleep with teh screen off by default.

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
re-downloaded from vache-android.com and reflashed. I hope this helps. :)

It's only doing it at home; it went fine all day at work. Wonder if the cause is some incompatibility with my Airport Extreme Base Station? It's the version before teh current one, single radio 802.11n draft, with the latest firmware.

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
While I don't discount it, it'd be weird. My Kindle Fire running an early version of CyanogenMod 9 does not have any problems on wifi.

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded three different 3.2 builds from vache-android.com and tried to flash it but it fails to flash. I can get into recovery fine and it starts. Gets to 25% and the little android picture keels over dead with a triangle/exclamation point. I've been told (on this forum? another? I forget now) that those were pre-release versions, but people who bought their A200s very early on got a full 258MB update. I'm waiting to see if someone uploads that big 3.2.1 update and I'll try reverting. Or if someone knows the link where the tablet looks for builds, I can try to get there.

fordguy24

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Took and small update today and then installed volume + app and when it opened it said i see you are running ics acer must have pushed the prep for ics in the last update so hopefully it wont be long for the official update.

patrickbo

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey ALl, new to the forum.. i just purchased a A200 and will receive it this afternoon. Before going through with this update, i would like to ask...

Will i receive the OTA once it's released if i use this rom.

second, are there ways to revert back to stock if i run across the wi-fi issues others are reporting??

thanks in advance.

I'm now an acer customer, after purchasing the Moto Xoom FE (which is no longer for sale after a short time). i also own a Acer A500.. Acer is def. top of the line. my A500 has been perfect. Heavy and overall a great tab

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I believe as of right now, there is no way to go back to the Stock ROM unless you can find the File somewhere. I think Deerstreak is in the same boat. Also, If your on the leaked ICS rom, I dont think you will get the notification for the update when it comes out. Might have to have someone load it online to where you can reflash the offical if its different from the leak.

patrickbo

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I got my A200 :) flashed ICS.. i love it! the new Chrome Beta is also a great addition to ICS :)

I'm having some Wifi connectivity issues, but only last momentarily.. haven't had any troubles with the tablet sleeping and rebooting out of nowhere.. so i'm going to continue with this setup.