[ROM] ICS 4.0.3 leak for A200

acommondesire

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Found this and flashed it to my tablet haven't had any issues with it yet.

http://vache-android.com/v1/download.php?fileID=133

To install:

Step 1: download from link (I used my tablet to download it.)
Step 2: rename to update.zip (used esfile explorer to rename and move it)
Step 3: copy file to root of EXTERNAL SD CARD
Step 4: power off tablet
Step 5: press and hold left volume button (button with two dots) and then press and hold power until Acer appears and white text that appears in the upper left corner.
Step 6: let it install it shouldn't take all that long
Step 7: Enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich. Suggest rebooting just once to let it settle in fully.

Also, not responsible for bricked or blown up tablets.

Thanks DeerSteak for an addition to my write up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Jim

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link - I just got it today and found an xda thread that had a dead link.

I should to add to your directions that not only you have to wait til Acer appears, but some text in white as well. I let go just a tiny bit too early on the first try and wound up booting back into Honeycomb.

edit: for me it looked like it had completely locked, I let it sit 5-10 minutes and it finished.

Last edited:
Reactions: acommondesire

acommondesire

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess it will be different for everyone as far as waiting goes, I just know mine flashed it in around 5 min or less. I might also have to do with how much stuff you have on your tablet because no wipe is required.

Good catch on waiting for the text to appear I did it and forgot to mention about the text in the upper left corner. Thanks!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I did this and got the Android with the Exclamation point? Used Astro File Manager. Renamed file to update.zip, moved to root of internal memory and tried the steps above. Android with Exclamation point. Now when you said external sd card, I dont have one. It didnt come with one. I would asume you mean Internal Memory right?

Last edited:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
When you say root of EXTERNAL SD card, do you mean Internal memory? Since the Tablet didnt come with an external SD card?

acommondesire

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
External means external. Internal means internal :)

You need to use an EXTERNAL SD card. I understand that they didn't come with one. Just use the one from your phone or something it doesn't need a format or anything, and you won't need to keep the SD card in the tablet after the update.

Sorry if there was confusion about which SD card to use. Will update post and possibly a modified version of the ics to remove the bloat ware.

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I guess it will be different for everyone as far as waiting goes, I just know mine flashed it in around 5 min or less. I might also have to do with how much stuff you have on your tablet because no wipe is required.
That's a good point; I had owned my A200 all of about 5 hours when I installed the ROM, and I had not copied much to the device yet.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Can you say what differences there are? Is the browser quicker? Less lag all around? What other improvements can you say there are?

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
well it keeps the lockscreen ring and Acer ring on the status bar, it includes all of the same stock apps, and we're now at 4.0 so it has to be better, right? :p

I didn't use the stock ROM very long, but I can say this is a very smooth experience all around. It seems to be very much a vanilla ICS (harrr) OS.

edit: also, Hulu+ isn't supported on ICS yet at all. So there's that downside.

Reactions: Terrigno

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
No, it has to be on the SD card.

After using this from Friday afternoon until today, I'd probably leave this ROM alone and if I can find the Honeycomb download again, I'd revert to Honeycomb. I'm having a problem with wifi seemingly dying. Disabling/re-enabling wifi isn't fixing it, either. I have to shut down and restart in order to get it working again. Seems to die after around 10-12 hours.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No, it has to be on the SD card.

After using this from Friday afternoon until today, I'd probably leave this ROM alone and if I can find the Honeycomb download again, I'd revert to Honeycomb. I'm having a problem with wifi seemingly dying. Disabling/re-enabling wifi isn't fixing it, either. I have to shut down and restart in order to get it working again. Seems to die after around 10-12 hours.

I see. Good advice. Good thing I waited then. With that going on and off, thats a problem. Considering thats the only connectivity for getting online. Unless you use bluetooth and tether it. Im pretty sure if I did that though, it would be better considering I have unlimited Verizon LTE data on my Nexus. But Im not gonna even mess with it then, Ill just wait. I know its supposed to come out sometime this month right? I think we should see if others can confirm this issue.

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
yeah, i haven't seen anybody else mention this, but I don't know how many people are running it, either. The firmware shows 689 downloads on vache-android.com so I would think if it's really an issue someone else would say something. I'm just kind of frustrated with it.

acommondesire

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with wifi, however I switch wifi from my house to my phone via wifi tether since I try to take my tablet everywhere I go hopefully to justify buying the thing. I did have some issues with lag or different browsers closing for no reason and dolphin browser just freezing completly. Seems to be fixed after a full wipe though. I've been looking for a system dump of 3.2 but no luck yet. If I find one I will post it up here.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon