Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Root/ recovery

Anyone working on this?

Sent from my a500 ICS dream machine

Default Re: Root/ recovery

Curious about this a well. Been holding off on a tablet for a while as it's more of a play thing for me, but the Acer price point is too good to avoid.
    Would like to see a root option.

[SOLVED] Acer A200 ROOTED!

The a200 has been rooted.

It has been rooted. But there are caveats. First, some apps that need root work...and some don't. Second, the bootloader hasn't been unlocked yet....so custom recoveries and ROMs aren't possible. Third, there's no "n0oB" method to root. No "one-click" or app/script method yet. It's still all manual (and VERY touchy) ADB work.

I'm waiting until it's all sorted out. Honestly, I haven't seen as compelling of a reason to root the A200 as I have with phones. Not being able to remove bloatware with Titanium Backup is a little bummer, but not a deal breaker. There's not that much useless bloatware.
    Terrigno likes this.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,624 Global Posts
    Carrier
    iOS 5.1

I agree. The ICS Experience is pretty close to Vanilla Android. Havent had the need to really root it myself either.