ICS Update Rolling out Now!

fonzman78

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for the zip file but i can't find it anywhere. Also wanted to post screenshot but i can't figure out how to do it. I'm at the install now or install later stage. i'll try to find file a little longer but not much longer.

:)

socalrailroader

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm downloading the update now as we speak (hallellujah), I'm going to try and get the zip file off the device before it installs. We'll see how well this goes.

Update: I can't find the file anywhere. I've looked through every directory on the internal memory and it's definitely not there. Not sure where the heck it is, but I'm not appearing to be successful at finding it. Sorry y'all.

It should be on your external SD Card, if you can get it and upload it would AWESOME!

Last edited:

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't put an external SD card in my device yet. The general consensus is that acer put the file in an area we can't access without root, which obviously we don't have yet.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Lol Never say never. :D It looks more and more like the leak is the exactly the same internally as the OTA rollout, only the numbers have been changed.

Your totally right. After reading some peoples posts on AcerTabletForums, some are complaining about the same glitches the leak has lol. Which there really not that bad honestly. It will show up online somehow. We might even be lucky and have it pushed to us anyway lol.

socalrailroader

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an official US tablet with Acres official ICS Firmware now ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hey bro, I have a new one coming from Staples tomorrow, I will probably keep the AU branded one around to be my guinea pig. :D lol Anyway, I will have one with US firmware in hand tomorrow, and will finally get the official ICS. Then, it's on to rooting it and I'll be in like Flint hehe

ICONIST

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
New Zealand has rolled out ICS upgrade today.

Confirming I am now running:

V4.0.3

Kernel 2.6.39.4+

Build Acer_AV041_A200_1.040.00_AAP_AU

Image FM.S16A0.028

mobtown1234

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I know this is long after the original post, but I just got an A200 last week. I am not, however, getting the upgrade to ICS. I have both called Acer and used their online chat support, but they simply tell me to have the tablet check for updates. When the tablet fails to find the ICS update, they have me use the reset and try again. Once that fails, they tell me that I have to pay shipping to send the tablet for "repair" so that they can manually install the upgrade. Obviously this is not what I want to hear. Does anyone have the file, or a link to the file, so that I can manually upgrade the tablet myself? Thanks in advance for anything that you can provide.