Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Painter Paul
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update issues

I am running android ver 4.0.3
    I click system update and run check. It tells me network coverage is currently poor and to move to another location. However I have 30+ Mg download on my WiFi at full bars. How is this possible??

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Update issues

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Collins3 View Post
    I am running android ver 4.0.3
    I click system update and run check. It tells me network coverage is currently poor and to move to another location. However I have 30+ Mg download on my WiFi at full bars. How is this possible??
    Reboot the device then try updating again. Also, if there is a way to accept the update it may just update via wifi despite the warning about data coverage.

I am having the same problem and I rebooted it what now??????

Thumbs down Re: Update issues

Same Problem
    Network coverage is currently poor. Please move to a location with better coverage to continue.
    Network coverage is currently poor. Please move to a location with better coverage to continue.

This makes my tablet virtually useless. Cant get updates so some of the newer apps, which have been updated will no longer run.

I will never buy another ACER product.
    Gus Barnard likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Reboot the device then try updating again. Also, if there is a way to accept the update it may just update via wifi despite the warning about data coverage.
    Rebooted several times. Tried to download app "iconia tab update enhancement" tells me app not signed uninstall previous but I checked and I don't have that app installed. Tab runs soooooooooo slow. Think I may just buy a Galaxy tab and chuck this thing. Acer tech support is a joke.

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Collins3 View Post
    Rebooted several times. Tried to download app "iconia tab update enhancement" tells me app not signed uninstall previous but I checked and I don't have that app installed. Tab runs soooooooooo slow. Think I may just buy a Galaxy tab and chuck this thing. Acer tech support is a joke.
    It's unfortunate that you are having such issues. Let us know how things go, and if you purchase another device to replace the Acer.

Exactly the same issue with mine. It says that I need to move closer to the wifi, even though I am hovering over the router and have full connectivity.

I've also reset the tablet from scratch a number of times. Still NO good. It's like I can Never do Updates. Not good!

Does anyone know when, or if, there will be a "proper fix" for this issue???

Unhappy Re: Update issues

Seems to me Acer has discontinued the online updates for this tablet.
    The error is misleading, it really means the tablet can't reach the Acer update server. In this case I think it's because of the discontinued support.
    On their support site I did find the android 4.0 source code available to download, but I have no idea how to load it onto the tablet.

It's the truth , android and updates is a very big problem ,with many firms , thay simply don't come !
    So wat i say is better with Windows for updates !

Quote Originally Posted by Painter Paul View Post
    Same Problem

This makes my tablet virtually useless. Cant get updates so some of the newer apps, which have been updated will no longer run.

I will never buy another ACER product.
    you are right , me never a acer produkt again ! acer service = 0