Why can't it handle Facebook anymore?

supremedalek

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
A few months ago this tablet worked perfectly- now it can barely handle Facebook. Model 210, Android version 4.1.1

I've run virus scans many times and found nothing amiss. This slow-down happened overnight, but I don't remember the exact date. It just started working really slow. Was there some new update to Facebook that makes it super-slow? It just keeps getting worse- now when I try to scroll through my newsfeed it gets stuck for minutes at a time.

This all started when I updated the Fox News app, and some other apps at the same time. I'm hesitant to do any further updates ever cause just like Windows, it seems whenever anything updates on Android it makes it 10x worse.

Note that any "snarky" comments such as "get a new tablet, dude" will be reported to a forum moderator. The Recession is far from over and I do NOT have the means to buy all new equipment every time there's an update just so it will work properly.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It is the updates. Older hardware sometimes needs older software. I use a TF-101 which is the same era of your Acer and run into the same things. Now with Facebook I just don't use the app and instead use my browser.

This may not be an option for you but rooting and installing a more current custom ROM can have major benefits in the area of running new apps much smoother.