Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Default Update 3.1???

I'm currenty on the 3.01 patch rooted with CWM flashed. I just got a upgrade is available notification 5 minutes ago saying that System Update 4.010.07 (128.61MB) is now available. Is this 3.1? I live in Florida, US.

Will I lose root if I take it?

Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Carrier
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

A good rule of thumb is...if you are rooted. Never ever accept any official update for the device. You will lose root and could run into a world of problems.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Default Re: Update 3.1???

Ok.... so say I unroot, is this 4.010.07 (128.61MB) the 3.1 HC being pushed?

Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    Carrier
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

I'm not sure to be honest, I can't find the version number for the 3.1 update. I do know the update was leaked a little bit ago, but again...couldn't find the software version number. I'd say it be best to just wait till the update comes out and gets rooted, then go and flash it. :-)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Can someone running the leaked 3.1 post their build number? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Not a leak. I just got the upgrade (California) 3.1 build A500_4.010.07_Com_Gen & I wasn't rooted
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Awesome so its the official 3.1. I'm going to unroot and upgrade when I get home. Thanks

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

And from what I can tell the build is newer than the 3.1 leak.

Still waiting for my update, South Carolinia
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

I have completed the download/upgrade and can confirm this is the official 3.1 US Release!

Build Number: Acer_A500_4.010.07_COM_GEN2
    Kernel version: 2.6.36.3
    Android version: 3.1

I'm in the Panhandle of Florida in case anybody wants to track location incase they are doing location based release.

3.1 was pushed this afternoon in CT USA and my A500 updated. I don't know what has is different (I have to do some reserach). I do know that I'm getting a lot of FC's one is when I start clear.fi and the media server starts it bombs. A real bummer since I used this constantly.I can't find a way to uninstall so looks like I'm stuck with a lot of crashes until a good update comes along. Forget trying to contact Acer, I can't find ANY support for my new product unless I pay some ridiculous fee

Oh forgot to add, I have same update and build numbers as DCoy82

How do you "unroot" to go back to original Acer software so I can get this update?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cwalker28 View Post
    How do you "unroot" to go back to original Acer software so I can get this update?
    Gingerbreak will let you unroot when you run it. Just make sure you unflash clockwork mod first if you already flashed it.

No luck here on the East Coast. Running stock no update yet.

Carrier
    Reborn ROM v2.2.2

No update for me yet, Central FL - East Coast.... Maybe I should make a road trip North???

Carrier
    Reborn ROM v2.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by gtrmn01 View Post
    3.1 was pushed this afternoon in CT USA and my A500 updated. I don't know what has is different (I have to do some reserach). I do know that I'm getting a lot of FC's one is when I start clear.fi and the media server starts it bombs. A real bummer since I used this constantly.I can't find a way to uninstall so looks like I'm stuck with a lot of crashes until a good update comes along. Forget trying to contact Acer, I can't find ANY support for my new product unless I pay some ridiculous fee

Oh forgot to add, I have same update and build numbers as DCoy82
    I thought I read somewhere that if you clear out the data on those apps, that may fix the issue...
    Woth a shot anyway...

CubanoRafter,

I am up North East Coast. You will be wasting a trip. lol

Anyone based in Asia getting the update yet? I am in Singapore and still waiting ....

Quote Originally Posted by CubanoRafter View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that if you clear out the data on those apps, that may fix the issue...
    Woth a shot anyway...

THANK YOU... THANK YOU.... worked like a charm. I still haven't figured out what is so updated about 3.1 Outwardly (on the A500 anyway not sure on other tabs) it seems the same. The ONLY thing I see display wise is the network icon has an arrow that runs vertical inside the icon and looks like it is stretching the bar strength? to show it is giving you a better signal? Hard to describe unless you see it.

Hope you all get the update soon.. then maybe you can tell me what you notice is updated. In the mean time I'll do some reading to find out.

gtrmn01

No update yet here in South Carolina. I would just settle for 3.1 to make scrolling and video playback work smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by DCoy82 View Post
    Gingerbreak will let you unroot when you run it. Just make sure you unflash clockwork mod first if you already flashed it.

I haven't done this before. How do I unflash?

Carrier
    Reborn ROM v2.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by gtrmn01 View Post
    THANK YOU... THANK YOU.... worked like a charm. I still haven't figured out what is so updated about 3.1 Outwardly (on the A500 anyway not sure on other tabs) it seems the same. The ONLY thing I see display wise is the network icon has an arrow that runs vertical inside the icon and looks like it is stretching the bar strength? to show it is giving you a better signal? Hard to describe unless you see it.

Hope you all get the update soon.. then maybe you can tell me what you notice is updated. In the mean time I'll do some reading to find out.

gtrmn01
    Glad it worked!

Haven't been notified in Ontario, Canada yet...

I got all excited when I saw I had a system update... just to find out I got upgraded to build 1.141.07

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Ditto, just an upgrade build. Maybe they need to do that first?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast