Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Formatting and using Micro SD

I installed a SanDisk 16GB Micro SD card - it is showing up in my settings - storage - under the External SD card - but did not ask me to format it - am i suppose to format and if so how???? I have very little extra apps installed and am almost to my max on internal storage - there is an update and says there is not enough room to update. Can i install games from the market on the SD card - and if so how do i do that??? i really don't understand this!

Default Re: Formatting and using Micro SD

Quote Originally Posted by stexbr122 View Post
    I installed a SanDisk 16GB Micro SD card - it is showing up in my settings - storage - under the External SD card - but did not ask me to format it - am i suppose to format and if so how???? I have very little extra apps installed and am almost to my max on internal storage - there is an update and says there is not enough room to update. Can i install games from the market on the SD card - and if so how do i do that??? i really don't understand this!
    SD cards are normally pre-formatted in FAT32 and that is the format the stock Android can read, hence no need for formatting.

As for moving apps to the SD card, I have no experience on this so can't help.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

What is taking up so much space on your internal storage?
    Sent From the dark side of the moon.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by splatoid View Post
    What is taking up so much space on your internal storage?
    My iconia is new - all i have installed is Angry Birds and Skype - it shows my maps are using the most 25.66 MB - Angry Birds 21.94 MB an - Adobe Flash 11.96 - Skype 11.70 - the rest are small - i only have 6.84 MB storage left - i have a 16G iphone and i have so much on it and it is not even near full this is why i am not understanding why this is already out of internal storage. Any suggestions?

ROM
    Vurtuos Picasso Unity V1

Quote Originally Posted by stexbr122 View Post
    My iconia is new - all i have installed is Angry Birds and Skype - it shows my maps are using the most 25.66 MB - Angry Birds 21.94 MB an - Adobe Flash 11.96 - Skype 11.70 - the rest are small - i only have 6.84 MB storage left - i have a 16G iphone and i have so much on it and it is not even near full this is why i am not understanding why this is already out of internal storage. Any suggestions?
    That doesnt seem right. Unless you have alot of pics or videos.