1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tethering Answers?

Lookin to tether my acer pad with my epic 4g but run into the ad-hoc problems that wont let me tether wireless. Has anyone found the fix for this? Or a program? I have wireless tether installed already.

There is a fix over on XDA in the dev section.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Default Re: Tethering Answers?

Does anyone know anything of pdanet tablet? I wanted to know if my carrier will figure out if I am using it, as I don't want to get charged... Thunderbolt on VZW with the unlimited data plan.
    Its highly likely that this message was sent via my Acer A500 tablet

Blackberry 7250> Blackberry 8703e> Blackberry 9530 "storm"> HTC Thunderbolt/ Acer A500 Tablet

ROM
    Vurtuos Picasso Unity V1

Quote Originally Posted by marisdaman View Post
    Lookin to tether my acer pad with my epic 4g but run into the ad-hoc problems that wont let me tether wireless. Has anyone found the fix for this? Or a program? I have wireless tether installed already.

Basically you have to root your pad and use rootexplorer to replace the wpa-suplicant file. That's what I've done and I'm writing this on my tethered acer.

I just got done driving in the car while my girlfriend was on her Iconia connected to the wifi from my tethered Evo 4g. It worked great, especially on some 4G. I can't wait to take a road trip.
    I just rooted my phone last week after having it since launch. I was very nervous about doing so but it all worked out good. I just studied and followed some YouTube videos and some XDA forum articles and BAM. I have root access now with my first app being Wireless Tether. Works awesome.