Anybody else still waiting for 3.1?

axwhipmaker

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I got my A500 almost two weeks ago and still no update in sight. There were rumors floating around Acer suspended the updates but I have no idea. Did anybody get any updates lately and did they fix the bugs?

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Your better off not updating right now. It will only mess up your wifi. I haven't seen anything about them fixing the problem.

splatoid

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree you don't want to update till they get it sorted out. A good idea is to wait a few days after it is released to see what people say...

Asaroth2010

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had a problem with my WiFi after the update. I put in in airplane mode and take it to work (no WiFi at work) play games, watch movies and come home turn on.wifi and it connects first try. The wireless router is on the far side of the house in a backroom(80-90 feet away) Maybe I just got lucky

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a problem with my WiFi after the update. I put in in airplane mode and take it to work (no WiFi at work) play games, watch movies and come home turn on.wifi and it connects first try. The wireless router is on the far side of the house in a backroom(80-90 feet away) Maybe I just got lucky

There were some WiFi connection issues. Most were solved with a reset (factory on some, soft on others).
Acer may be trying to address this problem
Also 3.2 is apparently not too far off in the future.

eeosu#AC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just chatted online with Acer. They told me that the patch has not been released yet.

Here is the link, If you don't want to go to the link then just go to acer support and look for it. Make sure you select Honeycomb 3.1 software and the patch will be listed.

Acer support

Wouldn't be the first time that something is released before the support personal knows about it.

Reactions: jharo

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Here is the link, If you don't want to go to the link then just go to acer support and look for it. Make sure you select Honeycomb 3.1 software and the patch will be listed.

Acer support

Wouldn't be the first time that something is released before the support personal knows about it.

Is this going to be pushed OTA?

Update: Nevermind, I just did a check for updates from my tab, and it was ready to download!

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I didn't really notice an answer to the original question.

I know the 3.1 update was pulled at one point. So is this a revised version of the one that was pulled, or just the same update that still has issues for some?

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't really notice an answer to the original question.

I know the 3.1 update was pulled at one point. So is this a revised version of the one that was pulled, or just the same update that still has issues for some?

From the build number, this should be the revised update that deals with the WiFi issue.

TomRubin

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I just bought this yesterday and I got the notification for the update this morning. Everything works so far! LOVE this tablet.

I really don't see a need to root it either. For me, just about everything on it is useful.

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I just bought this yesterday and I got the notification for the update this morning. Everything works so far! LOVE this tablet.

I really don't see a need to root it either. For me, just about everything on it is useful.

I rooted mine so I could install TI backup, add a reboot widget, and get Netflix working among other things... For me that was useful and the latest .apk to root is a one step process...