Anybody tried this case out?

Speccers

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Weird, it's not working for me anymore either. But still worked from my wish list on amazon. I broke down and ordered it, pics when it gets here.

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I just can't see getting a keyboard for my tablet. If I wanted a keyboard, I would have purchased a netbook, for less money then I spent on my tablet.

Speccers

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
in general I agree with that, but a netbook won't have as nice of screen for 300 bucks. I like having the touchscreen aspect. Truthfully, I don't expect to use it much at all, but for 40 bucks. It will make a nice addition for traveling and not having to bring a netbook/notebook and the tablet.

My buddy has the transformer, and while I like the dock to make it a netbook, I couldn't ever see spending 150 on it. This gets most of the features of that dock, for 40 bucks. yeah, no touchpad, or extra usb ports, or extra sd port. but really, don't need any of those.

I love my iconia as is, but having the flexibility is awesome.

cguella

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I have tried both of these cases both retail for less than $30 the slim one came with a stylus. These are better than the $40 Acer one from what I can tell:

Amazon.com: rooCASE Slim-Fit (Black) Folio Case Cover with Multi Adjustable Viewing Angles for Acer Iconia Tab A500 10.1-Inch Android Tablet Wi-Fi: Electronics

AND

Amazon.com: rooCASE Multi-Angle (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover for Acer Iconia Tab A500 10.1-Inch Android Tablet Wi-Fi: Electronics

Overall I like the build quality of both. The non slim version added some bulk/heft but has a great adjustable viewing angle velcro thing going. The slim case is less conspicuous, well-built and allows for 3 viewing angles. The slim case grabs the A500 with claws. The non-slim case uses a pocket sealed with velcro. Bottom line is they are both nice and well-built with the choice being how much bulk do you care to have.

Last edited:

Speccers

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Got the case today, impressively fast shipping from florida to ohio. Ordered monday. Quick first impressions, it's not custom fit for the acer, but fits decently, the tabs metal coated with plastidip or something similar, they can be adjusted to hold it in well. Actually I think I may be able to fit the tab with the acer case on it in the other case.

Keyboard works perfectly, for 40 bucks, it's perfect for the occasional times I am on a trip or whatever and would rather have the tab instead of bringing the tab and the netbook.

Pics to follow.