1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Default my battery draining on standby!

hi guys i need help i just got my iconia last week from staples great deal , i relly like it i have downloaded 3.1 when i put it in sleep mode at night airplane mode is on i have 80% batt , in the morning i have 60% , i did factory reset already , i only have firefox, data sync is off when i go to battery use its shows 35% for screen,and 55& for standby what could cause this,also screen is on half brightness.

thanks alot!!!!!!!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Banned

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Default Re: my battery draining on standby!

Quote Originally Posted by Csaba View Post
    hi guys i need help i just got my iconia last week from staples great deal , i relly like it i have downloaded 3.1 when i put it in sleep mode at night airplane mode is on i have 80% batt , in the morning i have 60% , i did factory reset already , i only have firefox, data sync is off when i go to battery use its shows 35% for screen,and 55& for standby what could cause this,also screen is on half brightness.

thanks alot!!!!!!!
    Anybody has any idea why am I having this issue?
    Thank you

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Not sure... I can only say I've not had the issue, and I've not went through the trouble of turning Airplane mode on, simply a quick click of the power button to turn off the screen. Have you tried uninstalling Firefox to see if that could be it?

After rooting my phone, I turned off the phone service since there is no need for it. My battery increased. You can find the information on xda.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Banned

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

thanks for the reply i tryd to delete firefox but not much have changed ,is your tablet is rooted? ,let me ask when you useing the tablet do you notice the battery % going down by 1% noticeable?
    Quote Originally Posted by FootySr View Post
    Not sure... I can only say I've not had the issue, and I've not went through the trouble of turning Airplane mode on, simply a quick click of the power button to turn off the screen. Have you tried uninstalling Firefox to see if that could be it?

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ROM
    CL3ANTH3ORY

I've had my iconia for almost a week now and have had no battery problems. I typically do as was already mentioned and just push the power button to turn off the screen. I leave wifi running all the time and have not seen more than 5% or less battery loss over night. I also have not tried airplane mode. Also I have not rooted yet.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Banned

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by syoggy View Post
    I've had my iconia for almost a week now and have had no battery problems. I typically do as was already mentioned and just push the power button to turn off the screen. I leave wifi running all the time and have not seen more than 5% or less battery loss over night. I also have not tried airplane mode. Also I have not rooted yet.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what's causing this........
    Just wondering 'how long is your battery last?

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

thanks for the reply i tryd to delete firefox but not much have changed ,is your tablet is rooted? ,let me ask when you useing the tablet do you notice the battery % going down by 1% noticeable?
    My tablet is not rooted. I did lie a little bit though, I noticed that I actually lost about 4% overnight last night, not a big concern. Certainly not as big as your 20%. I would say something is off a bit.

My wifi is set to go off with the screen. I've been charging mine about every 3rd or 4th night so far. Pretty light usage, an hour or so an evening surfing news and forums mostly.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Banned

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

My tablet is not rooted. I did lie a little bit though, I noticed that I actually lost about 4% overnight last night, not a big concern. Certainly not as big as your 20%hi. I would say something is off a bit.

My wifi is set to go off with the screen. I've been charging mine about every 3rd or 4th night so far. Pretty light usage, an hour or so an evening surfing news and forums mostly.
    Hi. Let me ask do you have the 3.1 ' I think I got this battery think after I downloaded 3.1

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Hi. Let me ask do you have the 3.1 ' I think I got this battery think after I downloaded 3.1
    It was waiting for me when I first started my Iconia, installed right away.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Banned

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

It was waiting for me when I first started my Iconia, installed right away.
    I think may have find the solution for the battery drain. After I choose at wifi settings to turn off wifi after screen is off I had to restart the tablet for the change to take affect. Looks like I'm OK now and not loosing battery on standby. It was a simple thing. Who would think of it.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

I think may have find the solution for the battery drain. After I choose at wifi settings to turn off wifi after screen is off I had to restart the tablet for the change to take affect. Looks like I'm OK now and not loosing battery on standby. It was a simple thing. Who would think of it.
    Awesome bud! Glad you figured it out.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Banned

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Awesome bud! Glad you figured it out.
    Yep thanks. Its a nice tablet really like it. I can't wait to be able to watch Netflix on it without rooting.
    If Samsung galaxy has it Acer should have it as well...