Acer's lack of information.

Goldenknight

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
The Tablet is very nice and I enjoy using it. What I do wish though is that Acer would inform it's customers what these updates actually do. I have to say I never seen anything like it. Most companies that have patches and updates include some kind of info as to what it's actually improving, adding, or fixing. Acer needs to get this information out so people dont have to keep guessing as to what the updates are doing.

I understand that sometimes behind the scenes updates can hide faults and mishaps but we are all used to seeing patches at this point so theres no big deal with updates.

The website has no info on updates. Would be good to have a readme or some kind after an update. We might be all missing out on some cool features that they added that we don't even know about.

splatoid

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ill do you one better.It would be nice if the updates even worked for most of the people.
I wonder if they even know what the updates will fix.
It almost seems like a turkey shoot. Well put theis patch or update out there and see what it does..LOL

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So we are the experimental phase? LOL

Unfortunately, there is a lot of truth to that. As early adaptors, we are pretty much the beta testers for Honeycomb tablets. I'm not sure how other manufactures are with releasing update notes, but all of the tablets are not without their issues.
That's what's nice about forums such as this. We can compare notes, and hopefully help each other with fixes when these patches cause problems.

splatoid

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, there is a lot of truth to that. As early adaptors, we are pretty much the beta testers for Honeycomb tablets. I'm not sure how other manufactures are with releasing update notes, but all of the tablets are not without their issues.
That's what's nice about forums such as this. We can compare notes, and hopefully help each other with fixes when these patches cause problems.

True for sure.I have been using forums for years now for everything and they have always been more helpful than the manufactures web sites and support.

Reactions: Asaroth2010

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
The Tablet is very nice and I enjoy using it. What I do wish though is that Acer would inform it's customers what these updates actually do. I have to say I never seen anything like it. Most companies that have patches and updates include some kind of info as to what it's actually improving, adding, or fixing. Acer needs to get this information out so people dont have to keep guessing as to what the updates are doing.

I understand that sometimes behind the scenes updates can hide faults and mishaps but we are all used to seeing patches at this point so theres no big deal with updates.

The website has no info on updates. Would be good to have a readme or some kind after an update. We might be all missing out on some cool features that they added that we don't even know about.

What a novel concept?educating! We are but the mindless masses, expected to do and accept whatever comes our way....sigh.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
True for sure.I have been using forums for years now for everything and they have always been more helpful than the manufactures web sites and support.

Splat, I so whole-heartedly agree...if it weren't for forums, I'd have given up a long time ago and stuck with an an abacus. Since this is my first experience with Android, subscribing to this forum was the first thing I did after I opened the box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel