external drive / gamepad

freeballer

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
I've been thinking of getting an android tablet for some time. This one (a500) is definitely top #3. I was wondering if someone could give me a definite yes/no if you can add external (usb) devices like thumbdrives and gamepads?

I have an external drive I keep my main media on. Problem is its a ntfs partition. Can it be rooted and a kernel module added for support OR is it supported out of the box? (at least read only)

I also have an old logitech gamepad I'd like to use on emulators/games. Can it be used, or maybe a ps3 controller?

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. I've googled this and haven't found anything specific for this tablet itself.

Thanks
Geo

Asaroth2010

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I have used my flash drive on mine. Download drive mount from the market to use ntfs file system.thumbdrives work well with it.haven't tried gamepad yet but hear they work as well

JamesKBoyd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
A playstation 3 controller can be used for games (communicates by Bluetooth) but there is an app in the Android Market that you must download to make it work.

otsu2cob

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Root YES
I use a 500 gig USB hdd with my movies on it. It is an NTFS volume and I use Drive Mount and it works great.

Love the Iconia:)

Klotera

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
You can use a PS3 controller over USB with no extra software or root. Riptide GP just added USB controller support - tried it out the other day and worked perfectly. Felt great playing with the PS3 dual sticks.