Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook/Contacts

On my Evo my Contacts and Facebook tie into each other. I am trying to find a way to do the same on our Iconia's so the Facebook pictures sync to the Contacts.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ROM
    Gnex: Shiny, A500 TO Omni

Default Re: Facebook/Contacts

I am not 100% sure but I think the linking of Facebook contacts to your Phones contacts is a part of the Sense UI for HTC phones. I do not think it is an option on the Acer because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridadomer View Post
    On my Evo my Contacts and Facebook tie into each other. I am trying to find a way to do the same on our Iconia's so the Facebook pictures sync to the Contacts.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danv1369 View Post
    I am not 100% sure but I think the linking of Facebook contacts to your Phones contacts is a part of the Sense UI for HTC phones. I do not think it is an option on the Acer because of this.
    On my old Acer Liquid E, Facebook pics linked automatically to my contacts, and I wasn't using a Sense port, so I'd say it is entirely possible! Worth looking into

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by vanisleguy1976 View Post
    On my old Acer Liquid E, Facebook pics linked automatically to my contacts, and I wasn't using a Sense port, so I'd say it is entirely possible! Worth looking into

Cool, I stand corrected

I am not using an app for facebook on the Acer, so maybe that is why??

There is no Facebook app for the Iconia is there? All I was ever to find was a web link to Facebook on the homescreen.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JamesKBoyd View Post
    There is no Facebook app for the Iconia is there? All I was ever to find was a web link to Facebook on the homescreen.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    There absolutely is facebook for Iconia! Did you not look in the market?

ROM

There absolutely is facebook for Iconia! Did you not look in the market?

I use Friend Me. Works Great. I have not checked to see if there is an option to link the contacts together.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

I can't find the official Facebook app in the market...

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scarryman04 View Post
    I can't find the official Facebook app in the market...

That's because there isn't one for tabs yet.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

That's what I thought...I was replying to this post

[[/B]QUOTE=vanisleguy1976;1191478]There absolutely is facebook for Iconia! Did you not look in the market?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by jharo View Post
    That's because there isn't one for tabs yet.
    I beg to differ... Explain to me how I have facebook on my Iconia if it isn't available?? (don't mean to sound snippy or anything, but look at the pics! The proof is there... I'm not telling stories here. I really do have facebook, and I didn't have to perform any magic tricks to do it!)

*EDIT* I'm wondering if it is a ROM thing? Are you guys running stock honeycomb? I've rooted, and I'm running Taboonay. So maybe that's why I have it and you don't?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Facebook/Contacts-uploadfromtaptalk1314215638807.jpg   Facebook/Contacts-uploadfromtaptalk1314215705423.jpg   Facebook/Contacts-uploadfromtaptalk1314215938391.jpg  

ROM

I beg to differ... Explain to me how I have facebook on my Iconia if it isn't available?? (don't mean to sound snippy or anything, but look at the pics! The proof is there... I'm not telling stories here. I really do have facebook, and I didn't have to perform any magic tricks to do it!)

*EDIT* I'm wondering if it is a ROM thing? Are you guys running stock honeycomb? I've rooted, and I'm running Taboonay. So maybe that's why I have it and you don't?

This is most likely because you are rooted and running a custom rom. I have stock A500 and if I check the market on my tablet there is no Official Facebook app. If I go to the Official Facebook app on the PC version of the market it tells me the app is not compatible with the my device.

Your pics also look like the phone version stretched to fill the screen and not an actual Tablet optomized version of Facebook.

This is most likely because you are rooted and running a custom rom. I have stock A500 and if I check the market on my tablet there is no Official Facebook app. If I go to the Official Facebook app on the PC version of the market it tells me the app is not compatible with the my device.

Your pics also look like the phone version stretched to fill the screen and not an actual Tablet optomized version of Facebook.
    It is stretched, as you say. Not optimized, but still it runs. A few notable differences are that on the main screen, it doesn't show photos above the notification bar like it does on my phone, and under the settings menu, it's missing 'other settings' (which is were you'd normally choose to sync contacts). But until there is an optimized facebook app, this does the trick!

ROM

It is stretched, as you say. Not optimized, but still it runs. A few notable differences are that on the main screen, it doesn't show photos above the notification bar like it does on my phone, and under the settings menu, it's missing 'other settings' (which is were you'd normally choose to sync contacts). But until there is an optimized facebook app, this does the trick!

I am still on the fence about rooting by A500...it does what I need it to right now without rooting. But I am sure its only a matter of time before I make the jump and root. Thanks for mentioning the differences. Friend Me is nice but I am having issues with it updating and cant access my contacts or profile currently. Will try to uninstall and reinstall before I contact the Dev.

I am still on the fence about rooting by A500...it does what I need it to right now without rooting. But I am sure its only a matter of time before I make the jump and root. Thanks for mentioning the differences. Friend Me is nice but I am having issues with it updating and cant access my contacts or profile currently. Will try to uninstall and reinstall before I contact the Dev.
    I realize I'm now straying off topic, but I just wanted to say, the Iconia is absolutely the easiest device to root... There's no messing around plugging it into your comp, no drivers necessary. Just two apps from the market, Acer Recovery and Iconia Root, and within a minute or two, you're the boss of your device B-)

ROM

I realize I'm now straying off topic, but I just wanted to say, the Iconia is absolutely the easiest device to root... There's no messing around plugging it into your comp, no drivers necessary. Just two apps from the market, Acer Recovery and Iconia Root, and within a minute or two, you're the boss of your device B-)
    Really? I haven't done any research on it yet and didnt know it was that easy. My old HTC phone had an app to root it as well and was super easy.

I dont want to get off topic too much either but one question, After rooting can you install ROMS on the SD card straight form the tablets browser or do you need to plug into a PC and save the ROM to the SD card?

Really? I haven't done any research on it yet and didnt know it was that easy. My old HTC phone had an app to root it as well and was super easy.

I dont want to get off topic too much either but one question, After rooting can you install ROMS on the SD card straight form the tablets browser or do you need to plug into a PC and save the ROM to the SD card?
    Just download them to the root of your sd, and flash them through recovery! No PC required

Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we will change the world

ROM
    Vurtuos Picasso Unity V1

I only used iconiaroot. Didn't have to use Acer recovery. Installed iconiaroot with astromanager.

Quote Originally Posted by KnukLHeaD View Post
    I only used iconiaroot. Didn't have to use Acer recovery. Installed iconiaroot with astromanager.
    That's fine for just rooting, but can you still flash custom ROMs? I thought you'd need custom recovery image in order to do that, but I'm ready and willing to admit I'm wrong

Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we will change the world