1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got mine! now what :(

So I picked my tablet up today from a best buy mobile Kiosk in a not-so-local store. Im going through installing all my apps and I lose my Plants vs zombies save file I read about rooting and using titanium but I'm not all about that. I found a large file in my sc card (i installed PvZ to my sd card on my Tbolt) and i was wondering if I put my SD card from my phone, directly into the Iconia, is there a way to install the games from there. Some of the games I have are, Gun bros, Nova 2, black pegasus 2.. etc.

I read I can use a file explorer and instal apks but I don't see an APK in these. This has prob been answered a zillion times across the internet trust me I did search for a good 30 minutes and got a bunch of garble. The only save file im interested in saving is the PvZ. I know it downloads a bunch of files after the initial download (which im guessing is the 76 MB file on my sd card, so Im wondering if i put my sd card into my Iconia and open PvZ if it finds those files and doesnt need to download them?

also.. this thing is boss.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Default Re: Got mine! now what :(

Glad you are enjoying the tablet I just got mine yesterday as well, hopefully somebody will answer our questions because I'm in the same boat you are

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast Jelly Bean

I believe you have to backup and restore the apk and data in order to keep your game saves, which will unfortunately require root. Titanium Backup and My Backup Root are the easiest way to do that. I know you're not keen to root but I highly recommend it if only for backup/restore capabilities.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Also if you have the APK file on your phone Sdcard and you want them on your A500 you can copy them off the phones SD card and It would be worth a try to get the files moved also it may work. The apks should install but some phone apps and games don't work on tablet. Just give it a try.
    Try es file explorer. after you install it you can start it and press on the icon on the top left side. is will move you up one and you will see a folder called mnt open that and you will see your external SD card and your tablet internal SD memory.
    Sent From the dark side of the moon.