How to stay in STANDBY mode...??

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I tap the hardkey power button, the device will go into standby mode... then if I press it again the screen lights back up and I am at the lock screen... BUT if the screen is off for more than a minute or 2, the device shuts all the way down, and I have to long press the power key and wait for a boot...

This is very annoying... any suggestions...?

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't be doing that...I've been using my tab/ leaving in standby mode for 3 days.

One short click of the power button should be putting your tab in and staying in standby mode.

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
It shouldn't be doing that...I've been using my tab/ leaving in standby mode for 3 days.

One short click of the power button should be putting your tab in and staying in standby mode.

I wish that were the case....

I am constantly having to hold the power button and wait for the complete boot cycle...

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
i just rooted it...
installed custom rom...
still having same issue...

should I attempt to return the device?

There's some way to factory-restore the device, right? I'd try that first, but if it continues to happen, definitely return it. Could be an app (even a factory-loaded one) glitching somehow...

witnercoat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen a couple times but usually when it has been idle for a few hours at least. Assuming its an app issue with something hanging...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

splatoid

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been doing this intermittently since I installed the virtuous Thrive ROM but never did it till then.
I can leave it in standby for days without a problem or I can put it in standby for just a few minutes and it will be off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995