Overclock help? please

KnukLHeaD

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
So I got a few root jobs under my belt and id like to try an overclock my tab. So far I've rooted my a500. Photon 4g and the evo (gave me the most hassle). I've managed to modify my wpa-supplicant to pick up the ad-hoc. I'm not completly new to tweaking tech but I haven't been into android for all that long. But I'm a fast learner. So hear comes the questions. Can I change the kernel to over clock my devices without completly flashing a new rom and wich ones and how? I have the a500 on 3.1 rooted already. And I know this is not the place so forgive me but I also want to overclock the photon 2.3.4. Any help would be appreciated and ill be more then happy to help others once I have the knowledge.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
So I got a few root jobs under my belt and id like to try an overclock my tab. So far I've rooted my a500. Photon 4g and the evo (gave me the most hassle). I've managed to modify my wpa-supplicant to pick up the ad-hoc. I'm not completly new to tweaking tech but I haven't been into android for all that long. But I'm a fast learner. So hear comes the questions. Can I change the kernel to over clock my devices without completly flashing a new rom and wich ones and how? I have the a500 on 3.1 rooted already. And I know this is not the place so forgive me but I also want to overclock the photon 2.3.4. Any help would be appreciated and ill be more then happy to help others once I have the knowledge.
To be honest your questions maybe better suited and get a better answer over at x d a forums :) I rooted mine also and see no real reason to put a rom on this, and I haven't tried to find a kernel to over clock yet... Also, I wish that we at least had some type of recovery like CWM. I would love to make a nandroid so I could "experiment " a bit more with this thing.... Overall, I am extremely happy with this tablet. I work at bestbuy and played with all the other tablets alot before buying this one.

KnukLHeaD

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree. This thing is awesome. :) . I also agree about it being better to adk at xda and I would except for the fact I can't sign up there. I live in b.f.e arkansas. I don't have access to any conventional broadband. That's what got me into doing all this. X D A won't let me sign up because of my sprint mobile ip for some reason. I think they stated some spam issue. So all I can do is read thr there forum and hope I find an answer, wich I haven't. Lol. But I do owe them thanx for getting me up to this point and unless I get help here I'm sure they'll be the place I find the answer. Eventually.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Yes you can flash a kernel without changing the ROM but only if the bootloader is unlocked which I'm unsure about this tab and your photon. I haven't looked into flashing kernels and ROMs yet since I'm happy with this tab the way it is stock.

There is a CWM recovery to answer the other guy...you have to download an app from the market called Acer Recovery Installer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463