MicroSD card stuck

brandon

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I put a microSD card in my Iconia and now it is stuck. Push in/Push out and it stays put. anyone lese have this problem?

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I put a microSD card in my Iconia and now it is stuck. Push in/Push out and it stays put. anyone lese have this problem?

By any chance is it one of the generic/knockoff brand MicroSD cards? I've found some to be slightly different from the standard design (slightly larger, different "notching" etc) and that can really mess things up in a MicroSD slot.

You may have to use a set of fine tweezers/flat-head screwdriver or something to pry it out, if there's enough of it exposed to catch... good luck!

brandon

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I believe it was a kingston, not really sure, but that's what I usually buy. It works fine in the unit, but it is really stuck well. I can't get it out with tweezers. If I try to take it out with needle nose pliers and I going to mess something up?

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I believe it was a kingston, not really sure, but that's what I usually buy. It works fine in the unit, but it is really stuck well. I can't get it out with tweezers. If I try to take it out with needle nose pliers and I going to mess something up?

There's definitely a possibility of damaging the unit and/or card. If you can push the card in enough to disengage the latch, it'll be a little better for it at least... otherwise you could break the microSD slot/latch. I'd actually say bring the unit back to the store and see if they can remove it for you, hopefully they'd be decent and consider it a warranty issue... definitely beats accidentally damaging the unit and being out a $500 tablet.

That said -- there are a lot of counterfeit Kingston cards out there (I've gotten screwed with a few of them before) and many of those do fall outside of factory specs/sizes.. hopefully that's not what's happened to you.

splatoid

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
If they wont fix it for you You can take the cover off very easy. There are u tube videos out there showing how. You can at least see if that will giv better access to the card.

brandon

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If they wont fix it for you You can take the cover off very easy. There are u tube videos out there showing how. You can at least see if that will giv better access to the card.
That's probably what I'll do. I don't think taking it back to Costco will be any better than what I can do for myself. I'll go the route of removing the cover.