[GUIDE] ROOT for stock HC3.1

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
[HOWTO] Root for stock HC3.1
Rooting the ICONIA couldn't be easier :)

This tool installs su and superuser.apk for stock HC 3.1 and HC 3.01

As the old root method does not work anymore this was created with this new tool.​

How to root
1. Goto Settings->Applications and enable "Unkown sources"
2. Download the attached APK file
3. Copy the file to your Iconia
4. Install the APK & start the tool
5. Click "root"
6. Enjoy :)

How to unroot
1. Start the tool & click "unroot"

NOTE
- By clicking root, you agree that you do this at your own risk. The tool will uninstall any previous installed superuser.apk.

Thanks
@ChainsDD for superuser.apk and su
@Acer for this buggy tool

Changelog

1.3.0:
- Also remove any "su" folder from /system/bin and /system/xbin .

1.2.0:
- Remove su from /system/bin and /system/xbin before rooting. This should fix the issues when someone installed the 3.1 OTA without unrooting the device before.

1.1.0:
- Add support for HC3.0

1.0.0:
- Initial version

Iconiaroot-1.0.apk
iconiaroot-1.1.apk
iconiaroot-1.2.apk
iconiaroot-1.3.apk

LINK TO XDA FOR MORE INFO IF YOU NEED IT :)

!!! Use at your own risk !!!

I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANY OF THIS... JUST A MESSENGER :)

Check out XDA for some great new Iconia ROM's and Kernels!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [LINK][HOWTO] ROOT for stock HC3.1

Is this the same as the Iconiaroot.apk that is already out? I'm sure it works on 3.1 too. We deffinately need a root, recovery, rom thread stickied. :D

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: [LINK][HOWTO] ROOT for stock HC3.1

Is this the same as the Iconiaroot.apk that is already out? I'm sure it works on 3.1 too. We deffinately need a root, recovery, rom thread stickied. :D
Yes this is the same, it has just been updated with eash OTA that has come out. I know for a fact that it works of 3.1. I did it for my friend yesterday. I myself used this method when I had 3.0 OTA.

and we def need a stickied sections.... who is the moderator for tablets?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes it should... it just depends on what apps you are trying to use... If you choose to root with this method, it is just as easy to unroot. keep in mind that the honeycomb market is slightly different than the gingerbread market, not all apps work on both platforms... my only advice is it try and see if it will work for you :) let me know how it goes for you

synapses11

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if anyone is working on rooting stock HC 3.2 for the update that just came out. Being an idiot and not thinking about it. I ran the update to 3.2 and of course like everyone else, root is gone and CWM is gone thanks to the new bootloader and cannot downgrade the stock rom as this will brick the tablet. Any help or info is appreciated.

Last edited:

synapses11

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if anyone is working on rooting stock HC 3.2 for the update that just came out. Being an idiot and not thinking about it. I ran the update to 3.2 and of course like everyone else, root is gone and CWM is gone thanks to the new bootloader and cannot downgrade the stock rom as this will brick the tablet. Any help or info is appreciated.

Update for anyone who doesn't know yet. They found a way to downgrade to 3.01 so you can root/install CWM again and restore a backup or flash a custom rom. It worked for me. I suggest using method 2 (much easier)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1276227

brandonnacke

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to root my Acer A500 and the tablet just sits and says it is rooting for over 10mins.
I turned the dubuging on and the unknown sources on. And have a sd card in there, however i wouldnt know how to tell if it is mounted, or if I need more space on there, it is only a 1 gb. I also put it in portrait mode as I was told by someone else.
Anything else I am missing?
Any help is good.
Thank you

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to root my Acer A500 and the tablet just sits and says it is rooting for over 10mins.
I turned the dubuging on and the unknown sources on. And have a sd card in there, however i wouldnt know how to tell if it is mounted, or if I need more space on there, it is only a 1 gb. I also put it in portrait mode as I was told by someone else.
Anything else I am missing?
Any help is good.
Thank you

you havent happened to already get the 3.2 update have you? If you did this method will not work.

orioles93

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I tried using this to unroot my tablet because the Play Store wasn't letting me watch any movies because it was rooted, and, now that I've unrooted, I still can't watch the movies.:mad:

Peter Gardner

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to root my acer 501 with acer 500 apk file, but no success. The process reports not root after 'trying to get su now - please accept',
Is the 501 different from te 500? Any help would be appreciated.

grunthos android

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
a500 is wifi a501 has that plus gsm i have tried all ways of rooting my a500 nothing works got upgrade to ics it is no better than hunycom? woterve as for framwear
i think it the same as ....0 ok sorry no help still try all you can and post results hack everything drink everything kill nothing peace out

Last edited:

Daisuke9

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
After reading through this thread I find myself far from alone and possibly even further from a rooted a500. Also have had no success getting windows to find the tablet on USB (debugging) after trying several different offered methods. Its like this thing has absolutely no presence at all. Some of my USB extension cables have better luck getting noticed. There has got to be a way.
Does anyone have or know of a method that hasntbbeen tried yet? Please post it or a link to it if you happen to read this and have something we can try. I hope someone will come along and have what we (those the app hasn't worked yet on the a500)
Thank you everyone for the assistance you have given us so far.
Without hope there is no chance in getting rooted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante