Internal Reset method

RSRcholo

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have an Acer Iconia a500 with 3.1 and I was performing a factory reset when the tablet turned off and now is stuck in a "Enter your password____" lockscreen that will not unlock(can't figure out what password). I have two options :sending it to Acer and paying $100 or reseting it on the inside(a Geek Squad guy tipped me off that that's what they do). Based on this diagram Acer Iconia Tab teardown: Easy-to-service, 3G-ready | TechRepublic does anybody know how I would go about reseting the device.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I would personally try the "reset" button on the side under the USB port...hold it in for at least 10 seconds with it turned on at the enter a password screen your stuck at.

RSRcholo

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've tried that, I've tried getting it to flash an update.zip, I've tried holding down some of the volume buttons and going like that. I've tried every method that I have found and no success.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
K if you have the update.zip file on the root of your SD card power your tab off then hold volume and power and it should automatically boot into recovery mode and install the update.zip file, good luck.

splatoid

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Get a update.zip file from XDA web site Dev section and put it on the root of your sdcard not in any folders or it wont bee seen.And hold Volume+ and Power on.When it powers on keep hold of the Volume + till some lines of text appear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol