Gps issue an laggy typing

thegoaty

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, just got a refurb iconia from BB, I updated to 3.2 right away and all is good then started to mess with features, seems GPS does not work but it searches on the bottom tray. I looked around and found this is an issue. I down loaded GPS test etc, no satellites even when left running for a while but it did turn off searching GPS signal in the tray when GPS is turned off. Any way ,is this a software problem or a bad tablet? I have found no definitive answers and since I never tested it in 3.1 or 3.0 I'm not sure it ever worked, I would rather not send it back in as everything else seems to work well, the only other isuue I have had has been when typing in theaddres bar to search the typing is really laggy type anywhere else and it seems OK. Well whatcha think?

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a new unit and gps dont seem to work right either. It will only be accurate up to half mile and since it only is wifi capable I dont see it being able to gp anything anyway. Might have to have a 501 model.

troll711

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
you can try to press the restart button on the side see if that helps any. ive havent even tried the gps since the 3.2 update but that was one of the features that was supposed to be fixed in it and thats why it was so late when we got the update

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
3.2 update seems to have this issue. Not on all, but a few. But really, it just doesn't happen to A500/501's, but sometimes the pushed updates effect all types of devices as well. And usually, it is either Wifi, Gps, or at times tooth, but usually wifi or gps.

I don't know what return policy BB has, nor any other retail shop, or even if they would accept a return on them. Just depends.

However, if left to your own devices, and you can't get a resolution, then your only recourse is to revert back to 3.1. At least then, you can root, and flash a custom rom based on the latest 3.2.

To do so, try this link as there is at this time, no other rooting options once you took an OTA update to 3.2.

[TUT] Revert OTA 3.2 back to 3.0.1 - xda-developers

Deltaechoe

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
As far as the laggy typing on the browser, I'm pretty sure that's a honeycomb issue because my friend's xoom does the same thing along with my iconia

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
No problems here with GPS but Laggy typing? Sometimes, yeah, other times not. Right now, it's working great....go figure! Also, a lot of browser crashes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz